An Announcement of Mammoth Proportions!

Well, Rex, they do deliver to old Blighty too…

Lets you escape the import taxes and probably shortens delivery times too. As long as BTS does not deliver a dedicated European English language version it is probably a good idea to get it from across the channel.

M.

quote from article:

"Customer, technical, and gaming community support will initially be offered in French, with English and additional languages added in the coming months."

Hey, this is a job I could do very well. I'm bilingual, know CM, and interested. Who do I contact? Or does Appui-Feu have it wrapped up already?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey, this is a job I could do very well. I'm bilingual, know CM, and interested. Who do I contact? Or does Appui-Feu have it wrapped up already?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deanco,

Please contact me by mail (O.Blanc@noos.fr) so that we can discuss it

privately.

Olivier

I have very sour memories of when Talonsoft (East Front, West Front etc)teamed-up with "european" Empire, which then proceeded to produce a manual (in UK at least) with about three quarters of the content of it's US counterpart. :mad:

Also I'm not sure about a manual translated from US English, to French and finally to UK English :(

As to price, in the past I've certainly obtained software from US cheaper than could be obtained here in the UK and rarely had to wait more than a week to ten days.

I'll judge the issue when the details are available but I may just stick to ordering direct from BTS as with CMBO.

Too right James!

“Localised” European versions are in my experience always of lower production quality in one or more aspects, box, manual, extras etc.

Not to mention the versions that are translated, or even worse, with localised voice acting. Ridiculous is to put it in the nicest way possible.

In a related field, movie DVD’s, I was treated to a real gem when I watched “Das Boot” in German with German subtitles. Not one word in the text matched what was being said.

It had apparently been, poorly, translated into French and then, poorly, been translated back into German again, making a total mess out of the original text. To add to the artistic fiasco someone along the way had toned down the originally pretty “crude” talk of the crew and exchanged it for something more akin to a Sunday school smile.gif

M.

Hey Guys,

I most definitely understand your concerns here. However, BTS has done well for two reasons: 1) they pay attention to details; and 2) they listen. So, I for one am confident that things will be done right by them.

Well, some clarifications seem necessary here :

First, on the Store4War( http://www.store4war.com ) site, you will be able to buy not only the french but also the english version of CMBO. Please note that the latter is *exactly* the same as the one shipped from battlefront.com, manual included.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>“Localised” European versions are in my experience always of lower production quality in one or more aspects, box, manual, extras etc.

Not to mention the versions that are translated, or even worse, with localised voice acting. Ridiculous is to put it in the nicest way possible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please allow us to prove ourselves before judging ;). That others make industrial and insipid translations does not mean we will do in the same way. Believe me we are as dedicated to CMBO as you are, and willing to provide a translation worth the game. As an example, I did the french translation and I can ensure you that it is far better than anything you will find on the market. The manual is actually 207 pages long, that is to say longer than the original.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also I'm not sure about a manual translated from US English, to French and finally to UK English<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know where you got this information ? Be sure that we will never do such stupid things ! ;)

Olivier

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Magnus ]

I too will prefer the original over a localized version, for the same reasons stated by others already.

However to me it sounds like a good idea to order it from France (our old arch-friends smile.gif )so I don't have to do any of those mysterious workarounds to get it from the US at reasonable price and minimum delay.

Looking forward to doing business with the Frenhc store4war guys re. CM2!

ehm..."je veux CM2!"....or somefink...

That's a good news for BTS distribution wise and should bring in more frogs.

But the question is, WILL THEY HAVE ENOUGH CM2 STOCKPILED?

If they are shoplifted as BTS was multiple times over, the delivery will be just as bad because it would have to come from the States nonetheless.

Because I'll go for Originals every time of the day, I'll order mine through here unless I could be guaranteed a fast Franco-French delivery.

Would go for the US version anyway...

:D