Unmarked (Hidden) Minefields

My sources say they existed. I would like to hear from the 'experts' on this. It would be really great to see this implemented in CM2.

Its a shame when you can only mine wooded areas, for fear of having your 1000 point minefield spotted at 500 meters..

Discuss?

1) Did they exist on the East Front?

2) If so, would this make a considerable tactical impact on CM2, one way or the other?

3) If so, is it likely that BTS might hear our incessant pleas?

:)

I have a company of Elite engineers sitting in and among a heap of AP mine fields (open ground), turn after turn, and so far the only ones that have been spotted are the ones they “stumbled” on.

What version are you playing Captain?

M.

I started this same thread just before the Great Crash. The general consensus was that minefields (other than daisy-chain) were only spotted once someone or thing stumbles onto them and triggers them. Of course why troops always seem to ignore those large white signs is a mystery :D

Hmmmmm... A rare Captain Foobar sighting on the CM forum. We all thought (hoped) that you were still busy arranging coctail parties for "The Sims".

You must push the "hide minefield" button to hide them. Let me know when you locate it.

BTW, I'm all set to spend two weeks in Malmedy, Bastogne, and La Roche this August. And you... you... you ARE NOT! Hehehehe...

There is some justice left in the world.

I just ran a test...

Mattias. You are right about the minefields not being spotted at range.

But why have them marked after they have been hit? Surely this is an example of absolute spotting that we could simply avoid by getting rid of the markers?

And if you want to know what happened to those 2 or 3 squad members, just watch the movie file again...