Combat Mission:The Pacific?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snico:

Has there been any talk or suggestions for using the Combat Mission engine for battles in the Pacific? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and the answer from BTS has been a resounding 'No'. You can do a search, but basically the reasons boil down to:

1. most likely no fun

2. no expertise comparable to the ETO on the part of BTS

Before you take issue with part one, I would really suggest doing a search, BTW.

Cheers,

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Yes, and the answer from BTS has been a resounding 'No'. You can do a search, but basically the reasons boil down to:

1. most likely no fun

2. no expertise comparable to the ETO on the part of BTS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And of course,

3. No Germans!

biggrin.gif

[in jest folks...]

I hope someone out there would make a license agreement with BTS to do a Pacific version. Maybe it could be on a no profit bases like Matrix did with SPWAW.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Yes, and the answer from BTS has been a resounding 'No'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it wasn't a resounding no, more of a "probably not" (for all the reasons you stated). I found this very encouraging... biggrin.gif

Knocking over atolls with 10-1 superiority wouldn't be much fun, IMO. But Burma, Malaya, New Guinea and the Philippines might be. When CM2 is done, there may be enough hardware modeled to make some as modpaks/custom scenarios.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Well, it wasn't a resounding no, more of a "probably not" (for all the reasons you stated). I found this very encouraging... biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since the only Pacific version I care about is CM X Korea, I stopped following these threads about a year ago... So if they changed their stance in between, I would not know. Now Korea (drools) that would be somefink.

------------------

Andreas

Now Korea (drools) that would be somefink.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fink u r rite.

I have one of the Oral History series (Pusan to Chosin) and one of the US Army Historical Series of TMs on Korea, along with "regular" histories. The individual recollections sound like CM AARs.

Mmm... 3" bazookas. Pershings & Chaffees vs. T-34s. 106 recoilless rifles. Chicoms! Mmm... anybody hungry?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Mmm... 3" bazookas. Pershings & Chaffees vs. T-34s. 106 recoilless rifles. Chicoms! Mmm... anybody hungry?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmm. Don't ferget them Centurions!

Yum yum! (drool)

------------------

Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit.

For those of you drooling over tank battles in a Korean War setting, remember that most tank engagements were along roads in the mountains envolving small numbers. Most tanks were used as mobile artillery since the terrain was very mountainous and what flat country there was was cut up by rice paddies and woodland. A Korean War version of CM would be more like a WWI version with rockets and jets.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

A Korean War version of CM would be more like a WWI version with rockets and jets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ca-riminey, can't have that now, can we?

Can I pre-order now?

(Bit more than that, I think, but I like the concept).

Hehe...although I agree that a "licensed" Korean version would be great fun (just imagine those rockets screaming down on Commie infantry!), IIRC BTS has no intention of licensing their engine. Choo! Choo! All aboard the pain train! (Don't ask where I was going with that one...) biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gun damaged are rare on Shermans because they die like red shirts on Star Trek" - Slapdragon

MarkIV, I'm not saying that a Korean War version would not be good, just don't expect to see the big tank battles that we see in CMBO or will see in CM2.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

If that doesn't work,....the taking of hostages may need to be considered! wink.gif

Mace<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, huh, huh, and the first one we'll take is Madmatt. tongue.gif (Since he is now employed by Battlefront) We'll hold him ransom for a CM5: Rising Sun or we'll polish up his bald little noggin bright enough to blind Steve and Charles. mad.giftongue.gif

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

I'm sure if we all asked nicely, a Pacific War CM could be implemented!

If that doesn't work, blackmail, bribery, or the taking of hostages may need to be considered! wink.gif

Mace<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

watch yourself, im pretty sure bts has a tank on their premises. your little plan might run up against some resistence. now if u had a panzerfaust...

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

MarkIV, I'm not saying that a Korean War version would not be good, just don't expect to see the big tank battles that we see in CMBO or will see in CM2.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who cares for tanks? It is the nasty infantry battles I am interested in. I lived in western Japan for two years (very similar topography to Korea) and you would have none of the rolling fields, orchards, and cutsy European stuff there. Yum.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Yeah, huh, huh, and the first one we'll take is Madmatt. tongue.gif (Since he is now employed by Battlefront) We'll hold him ransom for a CM5: Rising Sun or we'll polish up his bald little noggin bright enough to blind Steve and Charles. mad.giftongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. Maximus, you may be on to something here!

Ransom note to read: Steve, Charles, If you dont want to see Madmatt again, you better get working on CM5:Pacific War! wink.gif

Mace