New York Chapter of CM Inaugural Meeting this Saturday??

Whoah, cool! I live in Staten Island, so I can actually GET to this meeting unlike the one the boys had in London.

So many wonderful places to meet each other at...

How bout Central Park, where we can partake in the joys of being harrased by bums, druggies, and pimps?

Or, better yet, the (in)famous NYC subways, where the rats are as big as King Tigers!

Decisions, decisions...

wink.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 10-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 10-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cuchulainn:

It's seeming that setting up a dozen or so computers may be complicated...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense.. smile.gif

The only problem is finding a sucker, ers... volunteer smile.gif to agree to host the thing. Since the only way you can play right now is HotSeat, you only really need 1 computer for every two people. And say by some miracle, TCP/ip comes out before this weekend (don't count on it) setting up a lan setup is relatively straightforward. More than likely one of the guests will have some type of networking experiance, so as long as everyone has a network card in thier system, your set. And if they don't, make the cheapskate go buy one, you can get a good card for 20-30 bucks. I help out with a semi-regular LAN party here in Houston every couple of months. We have had 20+ computers going at once. LAN parties are great.

BTW, the reason the host is a sucker is when the monthly power bill comes due, and he has to choke on the big boost all those computers gave to his power bill. smile.gif

It seems that this particular Saturday isn't best for people.

We'll run this up the flagpole for another weekend and see how it goes.

It would be good to see how many want to meet to play CM (thereby requiring more organization) and how many would like to meet to have a quiet drink, swap stories, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Comrades,

Brooklyn is in the house.

I'd love to meet up and talk about the game, and learn a thing or two. Ill take the A at Jay street.

Ive been following the forums very closely, and just played my first game last week. It took me a while to get my Voodoo 3 3d card (bought for CM) to work.

Anyhow, Im an avid wargamer, and I love CM.

Please count me in.

Terence

tnelan@greyinteractive.com