1.01 Patch is Posted

WOW !!!

Now thats Service

They split the forums last night as well

and now the Patch is Posted

I hope that Steve and Charles make lots and lots of money, and that BTS becomes wildly profitable!

they both deserve it!!!

thanks again

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

******************** WARNING ****************

Potential Problem with using above link:

If you look on the main CM page where the link to the patch is it does not download from the same directory noted above. It takes you instead to:

ftp://ftp.battlefront.com/pub/patches

It is therefore possible that the version of the patch in one place vs. the other may not be the same for some reason. I would suggest you follow the link on the main CM page to get the patch just to be safe since this is where BTS linked us to to get the patch vs. what's noted above.

BTS, is there any difference?????

Hopefully the answer is no.

Mikester out.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-16-2000).]

Sorry about that guys. The link I'm referring to is the hypertext link on the main CM webpage that you click on to get to a screen where you can download the patch. Once there, you start downloading and the path where the download comes from is the one that is noted above which is now corrected and works. You only see this while you are downloading though. And I'm here at work right now and we have incredibly fast internet connections, the patch downloads so fast that I hardly have time to read the path it is coming from. Had to do it three times now just to get it right.

After looking at where the original path actually downloads the patch from it looks like it is coming from the exact same directory in actuality. So the patch you get from the main CM page vs. the downloads page orginally posted above must actually be the same. Sorry about the confusion guys.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-16-2000).]

Ok, did anyone else do what I did? That being, try to open the new version of the app that came in the patch, just to see what would happen? (Answer - type 2 error, app "unexpectedly" quits) I have no life...

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Guest Big Time Software

Mikester - it's just two different ways to get to the same files. No difference.

Charles