The Big Bang

I know this might sound a little childish on my part, but one of the first things I did when I got the full game was edit the CE scenario by giving the axis forces several each of the 300mm rocket and 240mm artillery spotters. I set them up on the German ridge, and opened up as soon as the Americans entered LOS. OH MY!! With the new explosions and sound mods, I nearly fell out of my chair! The entire allied force was, of course, completely devastated in a couple of turns.It was awesome to behold.

Of course the was no intellectual value or gamesmanship in this excercise, but it was cool as hell!

chaos

Well, the first scenario I played was Riesberg....

With a few small changes...

Such as giving the US some 155mm and 8 in howitzer spotters...

And would I forget our British friends? Certainly not! They brought several Crocodiles and AVREs to the party!

Looks as if the citizens of Riesberg will be needing all new buildings! biggrin.gif

Actually, this very thing is one of the main reasons I was looking forward to getting the editor biggrin.gif

I even conned Fionn into believing I was doing it for a good CMMC cause instead of gratuitous carnage. I told him I'd pay very close attention to the results and use them to make arty CRTs for arty and air missions against player units not actually engaged in a PBEM battle. IE, you're BN is moving up to the front to attack next turn and the sky fills with jabos... Oh well, some people will believe anything biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 06-22-2000).]

Crocodiles?, Crocodiles!

Geez I haven't received my copy yet, but I am gonna be angry if you are serious. This is supposed to be realistic! To think of a battle with crocs lurking about is proposterous!

I admit my ignorance to WWII weapons but I KNOW those beasts only inhabit swamps and were never used in battle.

What else guys, the Aussies bring kangaroos with boxing gloves?

And what about CM2. The Ruskies unleash a platoon armed with trained bears?

[This message has been edited by 0311 (edited 06-22-2000).]

Dig this,

I read on another thread that some guy was fighting in a French village. He couldn't control one of his squads for some reason. They entered a building then it became transparent and he noticed there were a few French chicks "working".

At the end of the battle, sure enough those 12 men were listed as Casulities! The squad leader had "Clap" listed next to his name. Great job on "The Big Bang" realism Steve and Charles!