Alright, what's it with Peng and smilies?

Guest Pillar

Guest Pillar

I keep hearing jokes about Peng and smilies, but I feel like I've missed something here.

Anyone have the patience to explain this whole smilies thing to me? wink.gif

Do a search for all posts made by MrPeng and look for one named:The Awful TRUTH about Smilies: What the Thought Police Don't Want You to Know.

You will find all of your answers there.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

Pillar,

Just about any moderately recent Peng post should do. Since the dearth of any redeeming features in his early posts meant he was largely ignored Peng has switched to his current virulent persona. Thus he has attracted the attention his insecure personality requires.

Unfortunately he has attracted a small crowd of insipid sycophants who gleefully warn smiley users that they will be the target of one of his inconsequential diatribes. Either that or they use a few themselves in the hope they will be the recipient in a manner suggestive of a pathetic and rather misplaced masochism.

All in all it's something that caused a few infintesimally fleeting moments of amusement when things were a bit dead on the Forum. Now occasionally someone disturbs their rock and Peng and his acolytes are roused into futile activity like a nest of slaters. I have my own opinion of the actual relationship between Peng and the 'smilies' which I will reveal in due course when I have gathered all the evidence.

No 'smilies' were used in this post due to their cultural sensitivity to the name "Peng". Unfortunately the 'snarlies' were unavailable.

[This message has been edited by Simon Fox (edited 07-10-2000).]

Actually for a bit of deep background, I would suggest doing a search for teh word "Cabbages".

I think that is the most apt beginning.

[some smilies were removed from this post and are now being used in secret biological warefare experiments that will be tested on teh Pod people]

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Uhh, hey, people, please don't mention anything that might draw Simon's attention to any of my posts, okay?

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Hehe... we could call this the "Paging Peng" function of this BBS

if you want to page him, simply use THIS

biggrin.gifwink.giffrown.gifsmile.gifcool.gifmad.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gifcool.gifredface.giftongue.gif

or something similar... it will only be a matter of time till you get your response...

(beware of being penged... tongue.gif)

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

(you know... checking for spelling before WOULD save editing afterwards...*sighs* frown.gif )

[This message has been edited by TargetDrone (edited 07-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simon Fox:

I have my own opinion of the actual relationship between Peng and the 'smilies' which I will reveal in due course when I have gathered all the evidence.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what do you need evidence? It is so obvious to everyone that Peng is unable to come to grips with his true love of smilies, so he lashes out against the poor things. There must be other influences in his life that are forcing him to claim hatred. It is sort of like loving tribbles while being enlisted in the Klingon Navy. One day, with help and support from all of us, Peng will be able to say it loud: "I love smilies, and I'm proud."

Pillar:

I am not sure if you are worthy of a good Penging. I must read up on your posts and see.

Simon Fox:

That really really hurt. At least you missed both of my legs.

Others:

Sod off. Smilies are beginning to bore me. I need something new to hate, and I think Canadians might just be that thing...

Just kidding. I like to poke fun at our Northern Pals and their foilbes, but do not want to start any stooopid Nationality bashing that dunderheads on either side might begin to take seriously. I'll stick with hate mongering against emoticons in all of their various forms.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.