Staghound - T17E1 - a plea for Canuck OOB

I am wondering if there would be any possibility of adding -

1) a vehicle (I know this has been talked aobut)to the Commonwealth OOB especially for the Canadians. I am thinking of the Staghound - America produced 2800 T17E1 (M6) for the Bristish Commonwealth. Check out the specs here at:

http://www.kithobbyist.com/AFVInteriors/stag/stag1.html

I would be happy with the Staghound MkI with a 37mm, mind you, it would be great to have the MkII with a 76.2mm Howitzer , MKIII with a 75mm or the T17E2 AA with twin .50 cal! Sigh - just dreaming about the last 3 biggrin.gif

Still considering how many were built (say compared to the Lynx, could they not be added ?)

2) Rocket artillery - in Guns of Victory by George Blackburn, I read and saw pictures of Canadian Rocket Artillery (modelled on the German launchers). These were a field creation and use in Holland and Germany by the Canadian army.

What say all the Canadians out there!?

BTW - is it possible to add vehicles or arty through a patch ?

------------------

No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy

I'd love this machine as well. We Canadians just don't have a scout car with teeth as it stands.

So far no new vehicles have been added to the game (just paint schemes); I have no idea how much work would be needed to create new working models and I haven't heard BTS commenting as to whether they would consider adding more units to CM1.

But hey - the Staghound gets my vote if it happens.

GAFF

Toronto Canada

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Yes it would be nice to see some of that Canadian hardware. Greetings fellow Canucks from Alberta!

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walter:

Heck, I'd settle for seeing the Canadian Airborne. Still don't understand why they aren't there and the Polish Airborne are...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it was because the Polish Airbourne played an extensive role in Operation Market Garden while the Canadian Airbourne played a minor role in the Western Front. I'm not even sure if units of the Canadian Airbourne were used in DDay. I might be wrong cos I cant be bothered to check. By the way Im not trying to insult Canadians or anything, I'm just suggesting why Canadian airbourne forces are available in CM.

1) Staghound - YES, PLEASE, ME TOO, PLEASE

2) Land Mattress (Rocket Art'y) - That would be a nice touch for assault scenarios anyway. I'd like to see it, but I could live without it too.

3) Canadian Airborne were most definitely there on June 6 as part of British Abn Div.

------------------

I remember it perfectly: The Germans wore grey; you wore blue...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

I thought it was because the Polish Airbourne played an extensive role in Operation Market Garden while the Canadian Airbourne played a minor role in the Western Front. I'm not even sure if units of the Canadian Airbourne were used in DDay. I might be wrong cos I cant be bothered to check. By the way Im not trying to insult Canadians or anything, I'm just suggesting why Canadian airbourne forces are available in CM.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Canadian 1st airborn helped to take the bridge a Aranhem a few months after that operation.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

Guest Germanboy

Canadians from the Canadian Airborne Batallion (I think it was never more than that, and never operated on its own, unlike the Polish brigade at Driel, although I could be wrong about this) jumped into the Rhineland during Varsity.

It would be good to have more tank varieties for the Poles and Canucks. According to this website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8418/index.html#pol , the Polish 1st AD had Cromwells in the Recce Rgt., and no Stuarts. That would make sense, because the standard complement of the Commonwealth ADs' Recce units was the Cromwell (in effect adding another tank brigade to the division, making it very tank heavy). Minor mistake (if the website is correct, which I have no means to prove), but probably easily corrected too.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-17-2000).]

So now, if we continue getting postive votes on the Staghound, Matress and airbornes - and assuming BTS would consider it. Is it possible to add such items to CM ? More votes would be nice too!

I am no programmer, if it can't be done, could someone explain why. Tx

Wow count me in for a yes on adding this! Thanks for the link Stephan, now get your sorry French Canadian Arse together and send me my next turn so I can decimate you. biggrin.gif

Johnno

Vist my website:

Dogs of War,CMBO Online Players Club

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"I like a man who grins when he fights."

- Prime Minister Winston Churchill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Johnno (edited 11-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Johnno (edited 11-17-2000).]