Here's a vote for 1939 to 1943 - West Front

Have really enjoyed the game but would love a chance to fight early war battles with some of those monster French Tanks.

I am guessing the East Front will come next, and if so please don't forget to have some Romanian, Italian and Hungarians too. Adds some variety to the mix. Hey I would love to see this 3D battlefield for Napoleonics or Ancients.

Well to avoid a beginner naitivity, I'll just cut to the chase.

CM2 will be the Eastern Front 1941-1945.

Tentative title being "Barbarossa & Beyond". It may also include the Winter War (Finnish-Russian War).

CM3 will be the Mediterranean Theater including North Africa, Italy, Balkans. Someone had a preety good title for it, but I can't recall it.

CM4 will be the Early War 1939-1940, tentative title is "Blitzkrieg". Includes Poland and Low Countries, France, and hopefully a Operation Sea Lion hypothetical situation.

Each game will proceed after 12-18 months from the previous version.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

After acquiring CM not all that long ago, I couldn't help but anticipate great things to come. My original title suggestions for the follow up offerings were:

CM2: Barbarossa & Beyond (Eastern Front)

CM3: Heia Safari (North Africa)

CM4: Blitzkrieg (France, Low Countries & possibly Norway)

CM5: A Walk in the Sun (Sicily, Italy & possibly the Balkans)

CM6: Halls of Montezuma (Pacific Theater)

It's nice to see that some of these titles are not only being considered but may, in fact, be the adopted names, since IMHO these titles would be the most obvious and/or the best choices. As long as each theater is eventually addressed and the program continues to progress and maintain its quality and historical accuracy, I'll continue to be a BTS customer in the future.

Good job fellas and thanks for the wonderful support. My gosh, patch 1.04 ALREADY. Yikes! That's what I call service.

"Heia Safari" is how the German DAK (under Rommel) referred to their initial exploits in North Africa. Not commonly known, I guess. I also believe it was the title to a military march/song which they sang for the occasion. Just a bit of trivia, but I thought it would make an apt title for CM3.

[This message has been edited by Scepter (edited 08-20-2000).]

Scepter said....

CM5: A Walk in the Sun (Sicily, Italy & possibly the Balkans)

CM6: Halls of Montezuma (Pacific Theater)

Both great war movies that really fit the CM theater. That's something that I really notice about the "personalization" aspect of this game, would be the perfect format for recreating movie scenarios and operations. Seeing the great portraits that are being made avaliable to us makes me wish I could personalize even more, give each squad leader, tank cmdr, etc, a particular portrait, I"ve heard that this is outside the limits of the game AT THIS POINT but when I start seeing the project list for the next few years posted this is one of the "little" things I would put on the wish list!

I don't like the ideas after CM2. I think that the Eastern Front campaign will gather a lot of interest, but I just don't see people getting as interested in CM3 and CM4. I'm afraid that BTS will stagnate into doing the same old thing. I think that CM3 should be set sometime in the modern era, preferably the October War or Central Europe.

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Weaver:

I don't like the ideas after CM2. Dan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To each his own I guess, but I find them all interesting with the possible exception of the Blitzkrieg. I'd prefer Korea after CM3. But BTS has spoken on this topic in a thread in Sept 99 (stumbled upon it doing a search on Korea). No modern theaters planned

------------------

Jeff Abbott