Something for CM3!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> We travelled for three days and nights to cut off the Italians convoy, 7 miles long, consisting of tanks, lorries, shower caravans, mobile brothel and, I think, about a dozen women.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My emphasis

A. Flanagan, as quoted in Neilands, Robin. The Desert Rats (London: Orion Books, 1995) p. 60

Now, I reckon those should be worth a few points, eh wot? wink.gif

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

I think you should keep this in the bike thread. After all, how often did soldiers wheel their brothels into battle? Not very often I'd guess. Then you'd have all those pants cluttering up the landscape as soldiers rushed to get their weapons. Though I'd really like to see what the mod makers could do with this feature, I think it's just outside the scale of CM smile.gif.

As a historical note, most Armies traveled with the functional equivalent of a moblie brothel. Of course, if it were a greek army, they would also travel with many pubescent 'shield bearers' who bore much more than shields. . .

WWB

I read the memoirs of a soldier who served on the Finnish front during WWII... he mentioned once that one of the patrols in the area spotted a bunch of women bathing in a lake (during summer, probably), decided that they were a mobil brothel there to entertain the SS troops they were facing...and called an artillery strike on them. Lovely, eh?

CM should also include moonshine stills and other booze factories. When Finnish troops advanced to Petro... (oh dear, I forgot the Russian form of the name of the town, I mean that town on West side of Lake Onega that is spelled Petroskoi in Finnish) they found a 3000 liter vat full of vodka. Apparently the Soviets left it intact on purpose.

The result: in a couple of hours pretty much all men of JR 30 were stone drunk. Including the commander. Had the Soviets staged a counter attack at the time they would have recaptured the town easily.

A sapper squad was sent in to blow up the vat but they had severe problems as approximately a platoon of drunken soldiers arranged an hedgehog defence around the vat. They even put some LMGs in firing positions. It took a couple of hours before the vat went up to sky, and even then few soldiers were severely injured because they charged to the vat with buckets just as the explosives blew up.

- Tommi

While we're at it, let's model the effects of nicotine addiction! Units which are out of supply can suffer from withdrawal, reducing their fighting ability. Perhaps, in a wee tip o' the cap to the RTS genre, BTS can include randomly placed 'Powerups,' including Lucky Strikes and Hershey Bars!

The possibilities are limitless!

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.