And *POOF* they are gone

right I have had this happen so far three times so I was able to duplicate it, wierd. I know this could go into the tech support area but Im not doing it cuz, its like I said happened only three times from a billion games I have played. Right here it goes…

I do a QB or a pbem (1000pts) with a bud and I buy my troops and place them on the battle field, and its only happened when I am defending... So right, turn one I have all my guys sitting pretty in thier foxholes doing what they do best... hiding in ambush I scroll around the map and I see "Whats this an empty fox hole?"... so i remove the trees to get a better look.. yup seems empty where that rifle squad was.... I zoom in thinking its a graphics bug that the troops are gone at a high angle view.. nope.. darn empty whole and not a shot fired yet. hmm funny did I hand out a holiday pass to those guys or ”advance to GO and collect $200???... so I figure damn I lost a unit but where?

on one occation the troops suddenly appeard again, where the hell did they go and why is the Space Ship Enterprize "beaming up my guys".... next time it happens Ill save the file and send it to BTS asking whats going on.

Curious - same thing happened once with V1.03 to one of my FOO's. I thought they had been run over by a nearby friendly tankk. THey just vanished - no body nothing on the unit menu when I used +/- keys....

Never seen it since though - maybe the Klingons are happy now smile.gif

Guest Michael emrys

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the crop circles or cattle abductions in the game yet.

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 08-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the crop circles or cattle abductions in the game yet.

Michael

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true I saw it myself! it came out of the sky.. blue it was, or no at first blue then a dark steel blue.. then some one yelled "crap those are 150mm RICKETS" then I knew fear cuz the rifle squad next to me was gone.. like like they NEVER existed... was unreal...

(interview with Hajo Klingsman 9th SS Div, from the Book "Our doomed attack against General germanboy")

-------

"The problem with cats is that they get the same exact look whether they

see a moth or an ax murderer." - Paula Poundstone -

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 08-29-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

It's true I saw it myself! it came out of the sky.. blue it was, or no at first blue then a dark steel blue.. then some one yelled "crap those are 150mm RICKETS" then I knew fear cuz the rifle squad next to me was gone.. like like they NEVER existed... was unreal...

(interview with Hajo Klingsman 9th SS Div, from the Book "Our doomed attack against General germanboy")<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And those were your own...

------------------

Andreas

Alien Nazis...this could usher in a wave of bad Nazi jokes. *ahem*

"Take us to your Jewish"

"We come in peace - up until we Barbarosa your ass"

"Who needs crop circles when you got crop Swachtickas (sorry for spelling)!!"

"Who you calling "kraut" now?!" ::followed by sound of lazer beam::

"I just flew in from Berlin and man are my engines hot"

Yeah, well, you get the idea. Im not going up on the stage any time soon.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

One possibility is that the Chupacabra got them.

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

There are no cattle in this game. It totally destroys the realism in the Normandy scenarios. Just think of all the cow mods we could have.

------------------

Ow, my leg!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

There are no cattle in this game. It totally destroys the realism in the Normandy scenarios. Just think of all the cow mods we could have.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are no cows because the've been abducted! eek.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

There are no cattle in this game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[rising note of hysteria] See! See! What did I tell ya! They've all been taken who knows where and forced to commit who knows what disgusting acts with (ugh! shudder) hamsters!

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 08-30-2000).]