Strange brown envelope

I got home from work yesterday, after fighting through the normal sh!t load of traffic of the don valley parkway in Toronto.

I live in a condo, so i have one of those tiny mail boxes, that must have been designed for someone who gets one letter a day.

Anyways I opened it up, and to my pleasure I see a large brown thick envelope wedged inside the mail box on top of some junk mail (ie Bills).

"Combat Mission!!!" I yell with euphoria, earning several "another drug addict" looks from the other mail room patrons.

I thrust my hand into the mail box, and pull on the envelope. It doesn't budge. My smile slightly falters, and I take a deep breadth, relax, and try again. It stays wedged inside the mailbox. Now Im becomming annoyed. I contemplate just putting all my weight into the next pull, but images of broken CD's race through my head.

Ok, I decide i need some tools for this job. I go upstairs grab some scissors and rush back down. I tenderly cut the edges off the envelope with my new found "jaws of life". The tender package is now visible to my sight. I gingerly remove it from its ugly brown cocoon.

I press it against my chest, hunch over, and run back to the elevator. By now the other residents have taken out their cell phones, and fingers hover over the 911 pre-program.

But then the psycho with the scissors and the euphoric expression on his face disappears into the elevator. Needless to say, no one followed him in.

My Mission has begun.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Melloj:

"Combat Mission!!!" I yell with euphoria, earning several "another drug addict" looks from the other mail room patrons.

My Mission has begun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have been assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

hey fellow torontonian! smile.gif

had the same similar expierence, my fear was it would be stolen cuz its happend a few times to me with cd's jsut so gone.. *sigh* but I got it.. I was so happy happy.. now people remember I moved here to Hannover germany.. and a crazy canuck dancing up the stairs to his appartment whistling ten varrious war songs with a evil grin on his face, I must say... the neighbors think I'm "veruckt"... and naturaly playing the game connected in my stereo system at volume 5. Im sure I'm freeking out some older people in the house.. DAKA DAKKA DAKKA... BABOOM! I got a few strange looks from the neighbours on the balkon getting a beer... all they heard was BOOM! dakka dakka, and then those arty rounds comming in wweeeeee baaabooom! aaahh! "lets get out of here!!"... muahaha.. *pant pant, drool* ok... I'm ok now... really

"in the streets of toronto"

hmmm...scenerio editor...hmmm...

smile.gif

gaffertape- live in the Donmills & Eglington area.

mensch- Ive got 300W speakers and a sub-woofer...hehe...last night the whole 19th floor was subject to "Dla Polski!" or "Medic!!!" or "Mein bein" (or whatever those routed Krauts are screaming)

P.s. 30 post for member status right? I think that makes me member .... i hope! no more junior! yay.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

BOOM! dakka dakka, and then those arty rounds comming in wweeeeee baaabooom! aaahh! "lets get out of here!!"... muahaha.. *pant pant, drool* ok... I'm ok now... really<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that when you bombarded the sh*t out of your own troops in our PBEM? Quite amusing, I must say, to watch all those 150mm rickets fall short...

------------------

Andreas

hey! that was not my fault... ok it was.. muahahaha it was still fun to watch.. although that HT hit direct by that 150 Ricket was spetacular!

---

give me a Ricket and I'll show you fear lads!

-mensch's speach to his troops before attacking those pesky germanboy Frenchies

When I opened the bag and found only a manual i nearly had a heart attack. Good thing the cd was inside the manual or i would have had to use my special key chain.

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

Actually you will see me more probably.

You see, there is this horrible place i have to go to each morning and stay there till about 5 pm in the afternoon.

This place doesnt allow me to play Combat mission, but it does have access to the Internet, so that I can post here in lieu of playing the game. Of course it isnt the best of trades, but cest la vie, and they give me some money so I guess its not that bad.

Also I probably want to try single player first before I start PBEM, because i dont want to embarrass myself right away.

But anyways if any of you guys in Toronto, or otherwise have ICQ and want to set up a PBEM sometime in the very near future, i can be found at 8217706 in the afternoon.

(my cousin uses it during the day, and she is a 16 year old girl who cant speak english ..stay away!)

[This message has been edited by Melloj (edited 07-19-2000).]

Guest dirkd1976

I'm frightened of this guy...... eek.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Greetings and congratulations from Etobicoke. You're cleverer than I -- I would have just wept in frustration. Fortunately my mailbox is so miniscule even the mailman had to forgo it and left me a card instead.

Happy gaming.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.