Panzertruppen's building mod...almost done

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

Panzertruppen, those are very well done! But I do have to ask how they will look when using subdued mods? Mauga's fit quite nicley... But I have to say that yours look better....

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Its HERE!

They are Ready, Yes those beautiful Church and building mods are here:

use this in your web browser:

ftp://cm:cmbo@142.55.231.199//pz_mods/

Use that string EXACTLY

its is in the pz_mods Directory

on ftp server 142.55.231.199

user name: cm

password: cmbo

I am a Mac user and I had one little problem with a corrupted file in the full zipped download. The file in question is 330.bmp

it may work just fine for you as you find it in the complete zipped download

if you have any problems you can go back and download non-zipped and known to be "Not Corrupt" final file 330.bmp

Hope that you enjoy them

Panzertruppen is happy to share them and would love to hear how much you like them smile.gif

We are in touch and he is happy to let me host them and have me make the announcement here.

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 11-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 11-14-2000).]

Panzertruppen, those are very well done! But I do have to ask how they will look when using subdued mods?

That is how they look the best, at least to me. I use a toned down version of the velvet grass and my own custom tree bases and that is how I designed the mod fit in. The whole mod is supposed to have a gritty, more realistic look than the original buildings. The pristine battlefields generated using the original textures were just way too clean looking.

I'm cooking up some ideas of how to make the city textures look just as good. One of the problems of making textures for the big city structures is that each building has only three textures (not counting the roof). Each has a "front," "back," and side. The side texture is flipped and then pasted to the opposite side. I'm sure BTS did this to save RAM, but it does make things difficult. That means you can't have much in the way of unique faces on a building. What I mean is you almost can't make the texture look like two rowhouses - one brick and the other not. If you do that the textures will not align because the "side" texture will get flipped and now the building sides are mismatched. Perhaps BTS will consider changing this in a future patch, then it would be possible to make a lot better textures.

Anyway, the rural buildings are available for download. The winter version should be available before much longer.

Don

OK.....

I'm a little confused

I have tested it on a Mac and looked at the server. The Server is up and good.

there were 3 people downloading the files just a few minutes ago

The download works in IE 5 on a Mac but not in Netscape communiator 4.76

What broswer are you using?

Try I.E.?

is anyone actually downloading it now?

I think it is working, but not in netscape.

sorry

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

is anyone actually downloading it now?

I think it is working, but not in netscape.

sorry

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

using latest IE 5.5 download successfully...two minutes ago...

great look cant wait to compare with magua's...maybe i will have to use a .bat file after all(something i swore was too much trouble)

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

using latest IE 5.5 download successfully...two minutes ago...

great look cant wait to compare with magua's...maybe i will have to use a .bat file after all(something i swore was too much trouble)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Russellmz

Its there, just use I.E. 5.5 and you will have no problems or an ftp program

I'll look at the other problems in the morning.

The mods are truly spectacular!

Thanks Don

-tom w

Ok I got it to work! Thanks Guys!

Panzertruppen these are unbelievable!! Absolutely gorgeous!

One question though. Is the steeple on the church supposed to be a different color? Or is that the BMP you guys were saying was screwed up. If so can someone email the BMP please.

Great Work!! Thanks!!

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 11-15-2000).]

No. The church steeple should be the same color - e xcept I forgot to include it in the zip! Oops. I'm sending it over to Tom now and he will post it later today. Sorry about that.

Some asked about the 33o.bmp. You should only need to download that if you have a problem with the gray two story building. This bmp is already in the zip so if it's working, you're good. You do need to download the 336.bmp when Tom posts it though. We'll combine all these into one zip later. Enjoy.

Don

Separate BMPs aren't downloading, says that file doesn't exist on server.

Nevermind. Figured it out.

For Netscape users:

Use the ftp hotlink and then just ADD the bmp name in the current path and press Enter and then it asks you to 'open it' or 'save it to disk'. I suppose that it will work for the zip file also. The links on the screen aren't correct I guess, for Netscape that is.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-15-2000).]