OK PATCH UPDATE PLEASE!!!

Guest apocalypse66

Guest apocalypse66

Please let us now is it today !? tomorow? Next week? next month? And want can we expect in 1.02? Help!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

We are waiting for 1.03 and patch 1.02 was on the CM demo and on 2nd runs of Combat Mission. I saw a post last week saying 1 more week before 1.03 is released but its been over a month since the last update so who knows when it will be released.

Guest apocalypse66

OK call me confused? the patch 1.01 was the patch for the purchased game correct that was released on 6/15. So am i missin a patch if i only have 1.01 showing on my game version? I thought it would be 1.02 not 1.03 was 1.02 just for those with the demo?

OK

As I understand it the first run of Gold Cd went out as v1.0, the second run that are currently shipping are v1.02.

If you receieved v1.0 (because you preordered) then you had to download the v1.01 patch. If I understand this sitauation correctly then those who received the (currently shipping) v1.02 do not need the v1.01 patch and the first run Gold Cd (v1.0) that was shipped upgrades (with the v1.01 patch) to be the SAME game as the v1.02 that is shipping now.

Correct?

That puts all of us in the same boat waiting to the new and EVEN better v1.03 patch.

The release date of which seems to still be a matter of speculation.

Now, I have been away for 3 weeks so this could all be wrong and I'm only now spouting my ignorance? Any other comments?

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding of the situation:

v1.0 Original CD pressing (preorders only)

v1.01 Update patch for v1.0

v1.02 (demo and subsequent CD pressings) Same as having v1.01.

v1.03 Patch for v1.01 and v1.02. Currently in beta testing.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the biggest problem I see over the delay in the patch is that v1.01 and v1.02 are not compatible for PBEM. This for me is kinda a drag as a good friend bought CM after seeing my copy and received v1.02 and, as we understand it we can't PBEM right now. The other problem lies in that I understand is that saved games will not be compat so If you start an Opperation under v1.01 you won't be able to complete it under v1.03, you'd have to start over. If I am mistaken in the version compatiblity, I'd love to be proved wrong. Otherwise I'll just have to wait for the patch.

Kevin

Guest KarlXII

I think I read some where that PBEM between 1.01 and 1.02 is ok but not preferrable. Try it out and see what happens.

Karl

------------------

Fire for effect!

I have 1.02 and am in a PBEM game with someone using 1.01 and everything is working fine.

Dave

------------------

My front is pushed back.My right gives way.Situation Excellent! I am attacking!

Ferdinand Foch 1916

Why not just post it and let us test it... ?

More people would test it faster.

You know as soon as v1.03 is released EVERYONE will donwnload it and play it (read playtest it) to death anyway.

Then if there is something that REALLY needs fixing there will be another patch...

thats how these things go..

I hope its out be this weekend

smile.gif

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgdpzr:

Charles was on last week to say that all 1.03 needed was about another week of testing. That was middle of last week so my guess is we'll see it up by the weekend.

TCP/IP is not in 1.03.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Listen up guys!

There will not be any more patches!

Steve and Charles have run away with all their money, and they won't come back at all. They just fooled everyone when they said a patch would be out soon.

No, seriously I think all this talk about the next patch is rather dumb. As a Panzer Elite player, I have waited for a PE patch for about a year now. And no patch has arrived for that game yet. Let me say that CM is nearly bug free, and that Panzer Elite is full of bugs. But Steve and Charles supports this game much more than the makers of PE. I suggest you all just go back to playing the game, cause I am sure the 1.03 patch and the TC/IP patch will come out soon enough.

Thank you!

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

http://andhess.home.online.no/cm

[This message has been edited by Heinz 25th PzReg (edited 07-25-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Also, unless someone can come up with a way to clone Charles, the continued production of patches with improvements in the AI will affect the release date of CM2 at some point. So I guess they try to cover as much ground as possible in this one, and leave it at that afterwards.

Anyone know whether there is a possibility to farm out the production of vehicles? That would be nice, b/c it mihgt give us the coveted Weasel, Buffaloe and allied SP AA assets.

------------------

Andreas

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Why not just post it and let us test it... ?

Beta testers test the patches. Not the general public. I think we can safely bet that Charles knows what he's doing here.

Then if there is something that REALLY needs fixing there will be another patch...

And then more whining about -

"Why wasn't THIS fixed in 1.03?"

"Where's 1.04???"

thats how these things go..

You have the game. Play it. Enjoy it. The patch will come out "When it's ready." If you read the board for awhile you'd be used to that statement.

More people would test it faster.

Quote:

""You know as soon as v1.03 is released EVERYONE will donwnload it and play it (read playtest it) to death anyway.

thats how these things go..""

You forgot the part where you (or someone else) blasts BTS for releasing buggy patches before they are ready.

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

Guest Michael emrys

I can't decide whether it's amusing or pathetic the way some people look toward the release of a patch as if it's the Second Coming of Christ! Look folks, no matter how great a game CM is, and no matter what they put into the patch, it really can't solve all your existential problems or give meaning to your life. Sooner or later we all have to get up from our monitors and face life. And not all of it is bad, by the way...I checked. smile.gif

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I can't decide whether it's amusing or pathetic the way some people look toward the release of a patch as if it's the Second Coming of Christ! Look folks, no matter how great a game CM is, and no matter what they put into the patch, it really can't solve all your existential problems or give meaning to your life. Sooner or later we all have to get up from our monitors and face life. And not all of it is bad, by the way...I checked. smile.gif

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That has to be one of the most disproportionate analogies I have read in a long time. I follow this forum fairly closely, and I have yet to see anyone hail a new patch as a divine event, not even jokingly. I admit, maybe I missed it if it has been on here, but it certainly isn't as problematic as appears to be suggested.

I see it as reasonably understandable that people want a product to be fixed and in proper working order. I think this post lacks all sense of proportion. And I'm not teetering on whether that is amusing or pathetic, I've made my decision.