OK PATCH UPDATE PLEASE!!!

Guest apocalypse66

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Well Futbolhead, I guess we just don't agree on that CM is:

a) broken in a way that needs fixing

B) that these supposedly needed fixes take unreasonably long.

Obviously all the other software you ever bought must have worked like a dream if you think that CM is a product in need of repair. And if, lo-and-behold, something was not in order, the producers would fix it in no time at all. Good for you. And that is what I meant by perspective. Have a look around other games and tell me that CM in comparison to them needs fixing because it is broken. And in your post you were supporting people who clamour for the patch to come before the weekend.

To me Patch 1.03 will deliver improvements. I am perfectly happy with the product as is. I look forward to whatever improvements will come, but I don't feel a desperate need for any of them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Logic isn't your strong suit is it? I have had problems with other pieces of software, of which I have expected to be in proper working order as well. Some were patched sooner, some later. However, that has absolutely no logical bearing on this product. You can do comparitive studies all day, but a standards shouldn't be on a sliding scale. If the whole industry slipped down several notches, you might be defending a company who released an awfully buggy program just because all the other companies are worse. That's fine for you. Not for me.

What I supported, was that I understand consumers who demand more from their products they spend their money on. And I simply pointed out an obvious level of sarcastic unrealism on the part of the post I responded to, something you have yet to acknowledge. And since you haven't personally had any problems, you apparently could care less for those that have. I haven't had any significant issues either, but I can empathize with those who have.

That must be where we differ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elmo:

Zamo

Does fog work with your Viper 770? I haven't read of anyone with a Diamond card seeing fog effects. Thanks.

Elmo

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I don't know anyone with a TNT card that ISNT getting fog! I have a tnt 2 Diamond 770 and the fog showed up fine. In fact the majority of the pictures on CMHQ were taken with this exact same card and I have never had a lick of trouble with it. You might want to re-assess who these "anyones" really are.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

And I don't know anyone with a TNT card that ISNT getting fog

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I did not get fog with my TNT video card (STB Velocity 4400) until I installed the newest reference drivers, which caused some problems with other games on my PC (not that I care too much since CM looks so much better now wink.gif ).

I think it speaks volumes for the quality of the programming that most of the 'fixes' in all the patches have had more to do with gameplay than display issues, crashes, etc. (especially since it runs on PCs and Macs! How many recent games can claim THAT?)

Bravo, BTS!

P.S. Eagerly awating v1.04 smile.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spook:

I will add for reference that I do NOT get fog with my 16meg nVidia TNT. But it's also been a few weeks since I last checked for driver updates.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried the Detonator drivers from on my 16 Mb TNT card (STB Velocity 4400) and got fog, rain, snow just fine.

Got them here: http://www.reactorcritical.com/

It was only up to v5.32 a couple of weeks ago, but now they show 6.01. Please note, I DID have some minor problems in another game after loading these (the sound in my son's "Beetle Buggin'" racing game got slow and scratchy confused.gif )

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)