OH MY GOD!

Has anyone else noticed this? I was messing around with this D-Day scenario I am creating (I've been having some play balance issues) and I finally managed to get a 14" spotter onto the beach and into action. All I can say is WOW! The explosions are HUGE! Take a look at this!

Explosion 1

Explosion 2

I had a bazooka team about 50-80m away from a 14" explosion. Both team members gone instantly. I also had a US 44 Rifle squad about 90-120m away from the same explosion and they went from good morale with 11 men ok to broken with only two men left! The craters the rounds leave are HUGE! You could park a Tiger in one.

The American gunners killed more Americans than they did Germans.... needless to say, use arty this large WITH CARE.

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

[This message has been edited by Wako (edited 06-27-2000).]

I used a 14" spotter in a "day after d-day" scenario I setup....YIKES!!

blew the snot outta a coupla 50 mm PAK behind a road block...and their covering infantry...

hehe, go for immersion and be one with the Germans getting shelled....nasty to say the least.

I won't be using that spotter too much! LOL

------------------

this is pathfinder's evil twin

Guest ACTOR

I am using 240MM rockets in one of the scenarios that I am building...I hate those short rounds.

I have also found that area fire without LOS results in rockets raining down all over the damn place.

You gotta love this game!

First scenerio I played was called One cold day I think. I took German side and was given 210mm nebelwerfer rockets. Pretty amazing explosions and neat sound effects, but man do those things scatter.

Dont even think about using them anywhere near your own troops. Not a very accurate weapon compared to tube artillery.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by penubly:

I do not know if they are included, but has anyone experienced any nebelwerfer fire? I am interested to see their effect.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>