Bazooka Accuracy

Is there an actual difference in accuracy between the bazooka and the panzershriek?

I ask because in one game I had a veteran Panzershriek team miss a stationary tank at 100 meters 3 times in a row, and then in the same game my opponents regular bazooka team first shot hit a fast moving PanzerIV(J) with a side shot at 154 meters. Also the team was weary from running halfway accross the board.

If I recall correctly the bazooka is suppose to be vastly inferior to the panzershriek. Is this modeled correctly in CM?

Thanks,

Jeff

The lesser penetrating ability of the bazooka vice the panzershreck is modeled in CM. I don't know that there are any significant differences in their "to-hit" performance, however (in CM or RL). Extrapolating from one example is dangerous at best - you need a much bigger sample size before you can make any definitive claims.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If I recall correctly the bazooka is suppose to be vastly inferior to the panzershriek.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps in killing power, but as to accuracy that depends on many other factors (crew experience, state of crew, range, luck, etc...)

I think the last factor I listed accounted for the hit/miss you described.

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

I figured it was just bad luck on my part but I have noticed a lot of topics that are discussing the inherent accuracy differences that were present in the real life equipment and how that is (if at all) modeled in CM.

From actual accounts I have read from the German gun optics thread there are several quotes from real life soldiers stating that the bazooka was vastly inferior to the panzershriek in penetration and accuracy. So much that American soldiers used, when captured, panzershrieks in place of their bazookas.

I was just wondering if the same thing applies here.

Thanks,

Jeff

I have heard that the Panzershreck had a little better sights than the early bazookas, although the M9 bazooka was supposed to have much improved sights.

When it comes right down to it, regardless of sights, they are both a tube iwht a rocket stuck inside of it. Operator skill is going to determine whether or not they hit more than anything else.

Jeff Heidman

bazooka less powerful than Panzerschrek? Man...in the entire time i been playin bazookas have NEVER failed to penetrate on first hit..seems they gladly fire it from 170m too with good success...i swear, no matter what side i take, Germ or Ameri's...my anti-tank teams just plane suck..seems like i always get poofed 50% of the time too without even seein where its comin from whereas no matter where my guys are, woods, etc....if they don't get it in 1 shot...they are gunned down in less than 30 sec frown.gif..usually if he's hiding in the woods, he'll stand, take the shot and then u'll see the dreaded 45768 yellow and red lines aimed right at his head whereas the enemie gets off 5 shots, none of my troops, tanks, nuttin sees em.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teamski:

Do any of you guys think that they are too accurate in the game? It seems like they fire pretty far range wise......

-Ski

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a squad fire 7 of them at a passing HT over two turns at ranges from 185 to 50m. They ALL missed.

SO, no, I do not think they are too accurate.

Jeff Heidman

I played a game yesterday where my panther was a good 100 meters away driving perpendicular to a 'zook. The damn thing had to lead my panther (which was hauling arse) about 10-15 meters and it STILL hit it and penetrated the side! ARGH!!!!!! As to bazooka penetration... I had one of mine fire into the front side of a panther 4 times before it finally penetrated. This was at close range.

Hawk

I just wanted to mention that I'm that jerk on the other end of you guys. Piat, zook or shrek, my guys never miss, as long as it is an amazingly long shot or moving target. Just feel good to know that those of us who have the shaped-charge sharpshooters can't hit dink if you're at 30m and not moving a muscle.

In all seriousness, we remember the remarkable and the frustrating but we tend to take for granted when things go like they're supposed to. This leads us to think that the exceptional is the norm but it isn't, it's just more exceptional and hence, more noteworthy.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Bazookas and schrek teams varry from scenerio to scenerio. Ive had a shrek on the 2nd floor in a night QB firing DOWN on a HMG carrier about 40m away.. out of 3 shots, every one f*%@#ing missed!!! i know it was at night and all, but his LOS went out beyond 150ms!! still, on other scenerios mine AND the AIs AT teams will either be dead-eye dicks or cross-eyed mongoloids. What peaves me most about the whole issue is the factor of suppression. I had a HT in pbem game about 150m away from a lone bazooka squad. This HT, an SS squad AND another HT from farther away was pelting this lousy bazooka guy in a foxhole... took one casualty, didnt even duck or anything, just stood upright with his tube poised like Arnold Schawzenegger in Commando. Let the 3rd rocket fly and nailed the HT.. this was w/ 3 MG 42s going to town on him!!!! That about did it w/ my impression of AT teams being modeled realistically. Again.. these incidences are few and far between.. but some of them just really get to you... i wish this issue (at least suppression) would be tackled w/ at teams sooner or later. Im a patient man though.. so I wont get hot under the collar smile.gif

'Zaff

IIRC, the eary models of PF/Faustpetrone had a sight arrangement that consisted of a single popup rear sight that was lined up with the top of the warhead, there being several peepholes to use depending on range. Later models had a 2 piece popup sight arrangement, but I don't know if this was more effective than the M1/M1A1 Bazooka's sights.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)