CM2: Russian Dialogue Suggestions

After a few shots of vodka, my college Russian skills are starting to creep back to life...

Here's some Russian dialogue, that IMHO needs to be included in CM2:

(forgive the transliterations...)

V'per-YOHD! - Forward!

Nah LEH-va! - To the left!

Nah PRAH-va! - To the right!

Za STAH-leenu! - For Stalin!

Za ROH-deenu! - For the Motherland!

ROO-key VERKH! - Hands up!

Pah-moh-GI! - Help!

On OOH-mer, Djeem. - He's dead, Jim.

and of course...

Tee OH-chen kra-SEE-vai-yah. KHO-chesh speet s'kapitalis-TEE-ches-koy sven-OY? - You're very beautiful. Would you like to sleep with a capitalist pig?

Ok... the last one might not apply to CM2, but it sure comes in handy if you're ever in Moscow!

--Joshik

Joshik wrote:

ROO-key VERKH! - Hands up!

which is then followed with (I don't have any idea of correct translitterations, this is the traditional Finnish way of spelling these):

"idi suda" - come here

"vintovka suda" - give your rifle

Also, don't forget "Na Berlin!" for the end-war scenarios.

- Tommi

There were other nations as well in Red Army

All Caucasian nations spoke in the military their own language (among themselves)

And in the desperate moments like cries:

1) Moma

2) we all gonna die etc. could be in other nations language as well.

well, i'm not russian but i now this language pretty well

i would suggest:

"Bei Fritzov!", wich means "Beat the Fritzs (as russians called germans)!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

I don't know Russian, but one thing that needs to be in there: Pass the Vodka. smile.gif

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vodka is ALWAYS there! biggrin.gif

How 'bout:

"Dai'tye mnye vodku." Give me a vodka.

"Pobeda ili smert!" Victory or death!

"Mi vcye umerti!" We're all going to die!" (did I mis-conjugate? It's been a while...)

I really like the "oorah!" idea, especially if it's used while human-waving. wink.gif

------------------

Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit.

OT, but of interest...

I just remembered a story... I spent the fall semester of 1990 studying in Moscow, and we hit a week of particularly cold and wet weather.

I didn't have an umbrella, but I did have a wonderful, long mohair scarf. I would wrap the scarf around my head, looking like I had a toothache.

Several Russians on the street laughed and pointed at me, yelling "NYEM-tsee!", meaning "German".

I guess wrapping a scarf around your head was the SOP for Germans who were ill-prepared for the Soviet winters. It’s pretty remarkable that 50 years later, the average Russians on the street recognized that so quickly.

--Joshik

"Ya neez nyoot po Ruski" - I don't know Russian.

Maybe the Germans should say that. Anyway, it's all that I remember from a quarter of Russian in college. (I actually got to use it a few times after the phone company gave me a number that had belonged to a Russian family who apparently had not told any of their friend they had moved.) I think I still have the tapes from class. I can send them to BTS for CM2. The comrades could say things like 'The potato is hot' or 'Good evening, Citizen Smith?'. I wouldn't know the difference even if I spoke the language. Heck the only English ones I understand are 'Ow, my leg' and 'Move! Move! Move!'.

How about "What the heck, we're either going to get shot by Fritz in a mass suicide charge or shot by Stalin for not being in the charge. Lets just find some vodka and girls, and put this stupid war on layaway."

I don't know the translation, but it sure would sound good in CM2.

------------------

Charon doesn't make change.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

No one knows what happened to Yakov Smirnov? Bah.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happened to Yakov Smirnov? 3 words, Cold War Ended

Actually I saw him (and met him briefly) a couple years at the local comedy house in Pasadena,Ca . He was trying out new material for a new act. It was basically him trying to fit the old jokes into the new russia. It didn't work to well. His humor really drew from the big bad USSR mythos, and when that died so did his career. Btw a year later I saw his "new" act in a TV special it was reworked some and he added in some footage of him in Moscow, it still didn't go over that big.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki