A love affair with the Flammpanzer

He he... Lately I've been doing a lot of quick battles with Allied infantry against my troops and their almighty Flammpanzers. Sure, the Flamms can be nailed by 'zooks or grenades, but it's pretty exciting to send 6 or 7 of those converted Hetzers into the fray to surround enemy troops and cook them like a Thanksgiving turkey... wink.gif especially when I purposely set the Allies to outnumber me and I end up getting something like 50 or 60 casualties per Flamm... wow, I love that machine smile.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Churchill Crocodile? Pfui!

Try the SPW 251/16 flammenwerfer. Short range (50m), but cheap. Best taken in groups of three or more. Their MGs effectively suppress the infantry as you approach and then it's squirt, squirt, squirt....big fun for everybody!

Dr. Kije prescribes four to six of these, to be taken at the beginning of every Quick Battle.

Lt. Kije

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lt. Kije:

Churchill Crocodile? Pfui!

Try the SPW 251/16 flammenwerfer. Short range (50m), but cheap.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right... and so what if the Crocodile has greater range? I personally love to see frightened hordes of Allied troops running from their positions in the trees as they see the Flammpanzer move up close and personal...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miyamoto Musashi:

Right... and so what if the Crocodile has greater range? I personally love to see frightened hordes of Allied troops running from their positions in the trees as they see the Flammpanzer move up close and personal... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They run from Crocs, too! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

I've become obsessed with the Hummel recently. A 150mm gun make short work of infantry, lightly armored vehicles or guns even if they are dug in. You don't even have to hit them. Armor is a different story but it's not impossible. They are also reletivly fast. Just watch out for mortars.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

I've become obsessed with the Hummel recently. Just watch out for mortars.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's the problem with both the Hummel and the Wespe. I like both of those, but a good mortar shot and they're history. So lately I've been using a StuH assault howitzer... not as fun to watch as the Wespe, but more armored.

------------------