Thanks Jeff Heidman

I do not know if this has already been done but I would like to thank Jeff publicly for his fine work on producing the CM unit charts

They are an extremely useful tool to have printed out beside you when making unit selections during the purchase process ,especially for those of us that cannot remember what vehicles have what mgs etc

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I think Jeff did a wonderful job, and he was happy to distribute it to anyone who wanted it. Well done and thanks for your hard work. My list is pinned to my monitor!! All i need now is for my CM to arrive.....any day now i hope! Meanwhile without a manual all i have is this precious chart to drool over - and my Gold demo.

CDIC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

I think Jeff did a wonderful job, and he was happy to distribute it to anyone who wanted it. Well done and thanks for your hard work. My list is pinned to my monitor!! All i need now is for my CM to arrive.....any day now i hope! Meanwhile without a manual all i have is this precious chart to drool over - and my Gold demo.

CDIC<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh Capitalistdoginchina

You are a hard corp grognard to have resisted the temptation for so long. You are a better man than I, I dips me lid to ya smile.gif

OK.

I guess every one of us would want those charts. And I don't really see any point begging Jeff sending it to each of us. So, would it be too much to ask one of you to slap the charts on a site. Now?

So I don't have to wait for madmatt to return from his Deutschland vacation.

C.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catullus:

So, would it be too much to ask one of you to slap the charts on a site. Now?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should naturally first ask Jeff's permission before putting the charts up on a web site, because the charts' copyright belongs to him.

First off, let me say how much I appreciate the thanks. I did not really think there would be so many people interested, and I am glad my charts are helpful!

As far as distribution goes, I originally told the first 30 or so people I would maintain an email list for updates. I think I have sent this out to about 100 now, so a list is not going to be practical.

When Matt returns, it will go up at CMHQ. Until then, anyone who wants one can fel free to email me and I will be happy to forward the 1.0 version. Alternatively, anyone who already has a copy is certainly welcome to put it up. I currently do not have any available web space. I do ask that anyone who puts a copy up at a web sight let me know so I can get updated charts to you as necessary.

Lastly, there will be a new version shortly, including unit costs by experience level, availability, and quite a few typo and bug fixes. Thanks to everyone who has sent suggestions and corrections, and defintely thanks to those who have help me do some of the leg work for unit costs and availability.

Jeff Heidman

Hi

Thanks Jeff for Sending me that chart.

I'm sure it is GREAT but I can't open it.

Am I the only one that is having difficulty opening the file.

It was zipped so I un-zipped it with the Mac version of Zippit.

Its shows up on the desktop as an Excel icon but it locks my computer up when I attempt to open it.

I believe I'm using Excel /98 for Mac so that might be a problem.

Anyone having any difficulty with Jeff's file?

thanks

-tom w

Tom, I am sorry you are having problems. That comes as something of a surprise. I am not suing any macros or anything, so I do not know why you should have any problems.

The chart was amde using Excel 97 on a W98 machine.

Has anyone else successfully opened the chart on a Mac?

Jeff