Not-so-Superbowl Update

maybe the setup should just be left as it is for the 1st round

village

mod trees

mod hills

time date and weather are already set in the rules

BM

------------------

"If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no plane at all it's the Luftwaffe." -German soldier, Western Front, 1944

OK 82 emails total for a 20 turn game. Playing people in the same time zone would help. What if we tried to schedule emails at say 6pm and 8pm for one side and 7pm and 9pm for the other (for those of us who work days), maybe a couple extra on the weekends. Plan on a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks to finish a 20 turn game. Multiply that by three games per round and that’s some Banzai game playing. Of course not all the games will go 20 turns.

i say you just send the files whenever you can. that way its done as quick as possible and you dont have to worry who is in what timezone + you know everyone is doing what they can to keep it moving

BM

------------------

"If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no plane at all it's the Luftwaffe." -German soldier, Western Front, 1944

Von Shrad is looking for a time frame for the 1st round to be completed. I don’t care how many or when emails are sent. I just brought up the timing idea because I don’t see myself logging on and checking my email every couple of hours to see if I’ve received a turn. I’ll discuss whatever emailing routine or lack there of with my opponents. The question still remains, how long should a 20 turn (82 email) game take.

3 simultaneous games reqiures sending 6 and recieving 6 emails for each turn. so if you send 6 emails a day the first round will take nearly 3 months.............is that right confused.gif ...........yes it is. wow thats a long time, getting into the second round by christmas, hmmmm. so to get the 1st round done inside a month ( amore reasonable timescale) we're talking sending 18 emails a day ( and recieving that many aswell) and thats a hell of a lot and i am sure that some will not be able to do this, but those are the figures biggrin.gif . iknew the a-level maths would be useful oneday. so what do you all think about that then, what do you reckon is the best trade-off between emails per day and time taken to finish.

and.....GO

------------------

no thats wrong , dont waste your time with the above post, i was thinking 82 turns not emails, i really need to listen to myself sometimes rolleyes.gif

------------------

Don't beat yourselves up over the time to finish a game fellas. It finishes when it finishes. I've got 6 Pbems on the trot at the moment and my procedure is this: Get home from work/uni and check e-mail, movies take roughly 5 min to watch from whatever angle, plots take 10-15 min depending on how fussy I feel at the time so we're talking maybe 1/2 hr to 45 min to play all games. I then forget all about it until 1/2 hr or so before bed when I do it all again. This keeps things moving along nicely and if someone misses a day here and there its no big deal. I figure a 20 turn game on average should take 2 weeks (min) to 3 weeks (max)

I'm patient (ie. not in a hurry to die)