An Interview with Steve

Guest GriffinCheng

Guest Big Time Software

Actually, the questions and answers are fresh. But as you say, the shots are old and my answers don't bring up anything you guys didn't already know.

Steve

Sure they were beta demo Screenshots, the latest version of it.

And I assure you that these questions are unique and NOT -repeat- NOT from this board.

Overall it's just a quick down & dirty of a highly anticipated game that's due VERY soon We wanted to share our shots and interview with all interested parties.

Steve and the gang have a great game going for them and I personally cant wait for it to go gold.

But until then can't we just drool over the shots and info?

------------------

Sieger

www.siegerspost.com

The Developer's Voice!

I didn't say the questions were copied and pasted. I said they *looked* like they were cause they were the kind of questions that have been asked before. At this stage , you could have gotten newer info like the secret features that we don't know about yet smile.gif.

Unfortunately, I can't drool over beta screenshots. I've played the beta to death. It's still fun to play.Showing shots like that at this stage might make people think that's how the game looks though.

Ok.. Point well taken!

Believe me, if we had a newer version of CM we certainly would of taken advantage of it. And as for the secret info, we post whatever they allow us to post. If we pry a bit to much they let us know.

But to tell the truth, you really wouldnt want to know the most intimate parts of the game yet would you? I mean finding out on your own is part of the draw. If you knew everything ahead of time would you still enjoy it?

Keep in mind that this is a preview update, It was posted to re-introduce CM to those people who arent "in the know" about this game and it's developers.

Now I know that doesn't do much for you right now but, because you are loyal and have followed this game through....only the full version will quench your thirst! Right?

------------------

Sieger

www.siegerspost.com

The Developer's Voice!

Ben,

nice pic. But again i notice how 'clean' the jagdpanther texture looks (as in 'teaser' movie), wonder if it could be roughed up a little ? Maybe a bit of a Zimmerit motif might help?

He he, trust me to nitpick on such a minor point wink.gif.

Grtz S Bakker.

My turn to comment on that screen shot. I haven't seen it before. I think it looks grear. I agree with the above post, but rather than zimmeritt (which would take a WHOLE lot of work) I'd just like to see a unit number or balkenkreuz on the side.

Despite that, I LOVE the coutryside. It really, actually looks like a small German, or French town. My member engorges in anticipation of this game....Zamo

Guest Big Time Software

Nah, the bulk of the 400+ Jagdpanthers were made without Zimmerit paste applied. Germans stopped applying it to all vehicles during the beginning stages of Jagdpanther production.

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

The 'Jagdtiger and Jagdpanther pic' is quite old actually. It has been on Colin's site for quite sometime now.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bakker@home:

Ok then,

so Zimmerit is the wrong suggestion. I was only trying to point out that some textures make the tanks look 'plastic'. The Jagdtiger in the front is a good example of a 'life like texture'. Drool tongue.gif

Grtz S Bakker

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THats becuase they are biggrin.gif I believe they were digitised from tank models tongue.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Guest Mirage2k

Just for the record:

My questions and Steve's answers were fresh. And you're right, there wasn't really anything new to say. The short email interview (and accompanying screenshots) were designed as a quick look at a game that's due very soon (I think Sieger mentioned that before).

Anyhow, the screenshots. I pulled them off of my own screen, in actual playing conditions. Reisburg scenario, OpenGL 1.1.2, Rage Pro. The good ol' command-shift-3 function.

-Mirage2k

Guest Mirage2k

Colin:

You're right! My mistake...Quickdraw 3D RAVE or DirectX (Windows). I don't know why I thought it was OpenGL...guess I just wasn't paying attention! Not a good trait. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Speaking right now, you are correct Colin (for the most part). But when we started Apple hadn't yet released OpenGL for the Mac and so we didn't code up CM to go that path. Now, of course, OpenGL is supported so in the future who knows. We decided that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and left things as is for now.

Steve