Kaaskoppen?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

I can hear y'all thinking: What the heck does he mean! That is "y'all" except my fellow countrymen from the Netherlands. Yes, it's that little tiny country with the big big mouth.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we did invent the mortar-fired explosive shell (around 1600 AD) according to my copy of the not always scientifically accurate but highly entertaining comic book about firearms "Vuurwapens in beeld". Now that's what I call a big mouth... wink.gif

Marnix.

"Met zulke wapens wordt de oorlog onmogelijk!"

The Dutch created New York City (can't remember the name before it was sieged and renamed New York). Wall Street was named after the wall erected to stop the coming siege. Only it came by sea and immediate surrender took place. We have the Dutch to that for our banking system and stocks.

Richard Kalajian

Originally posted by aka kingtiger:

The Dutch created New York City (can't remember the name before it was sieged and renamed New York).

New Amsterdam, i think.

------------------

Es gibt Tage da verliert man und Tage da gewinnen die anderen.

New Amsterdam most definitely. It was run by a guy named Peter Styvasant. The wall on Wall Street was put up to keep the English out. I believe there was a war between the Dutch and the English in Europe and when it ended one of the things the Dutch had to give up was it's holdings in the New World including New Amsterdam. Here on Long Island there are still a lot of Dutch names and other influences. In fact one of the larger Counties is called Nassau after the House of William of Orange (William the Conqueror). I always wondered what a direct translation of Nassau was. The County symbol is a gold Lion on an orange background.

Dutch Schultz was a hot shot gangster in New York during Prohibition in the 1930's. His big mistake was getting on the wrong side of another gangster called "Lucky" Luciano but that's another story….

After that a lot of guys with the last name Schultz was nicked named "Dutch".

yes it is New Amsterdam in fact the Dutch bought it from the indians for some juwelry and other things worth nothing.

The guy you mentioned was called Stuyvesant(like the sigarettes)

Nassau is the name of our Royal family and was Willems last name too.

There are more names in New York a famous one is Harlem(one of the larger cities in Holland)

Hoi, Ik kom ook uit NL. (Hai, I'm also from Holland (translated for the rest of the world)). I'm still in the army. I really like the game and follow the discussions now for a year or so. I'm impressed by the professionalism of a lot of discussions and draw a lot of good ideas from them.

he soldaat ,welk onderdeel?

Meld je aan bij cyberfox daar zijn meer nederlanders.

Als ik wat meer heb geoefend met cm meld ik mij daar ook.

Pbemmmen met alleen nederlanders communiceert wat makkelijker.

btw ken je Tacops ook?

Sorry for the rest of the people I did not translated this message. redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyberfox:

Heineken rules....Proost

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't... wink.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pvt_ryan:

I once saw a movie called "Ducth"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No that was Al Bundy in disguise. tongue.giftongue.gif

I have a Dutch-American friend who is a self-proclaimed idiot. Does that count?

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kholt:

Ik ben een Amerikan maar ik heb in nederland gewoned. Is dat goed voor u?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, good enough. you sure do get around much, do you (first The Netherlands, now Prague. smile.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.