OT :Anyone recommend a good strategic/tactical level Eastern Front game?

I was reading one of my christmas books "Stalingrad-The Infernal Cauldron" last night,and it got me yearning for a good,old-fashioned(or modern!)Eastern Front wargame,preferably at strategic or operational level.I already have Talonsofts "Eastern Front"and expansion pack,but I was looking for something a little bit different,you know,where the Germans might actually win!The book is an exellent read and throws up so many "what-If"questions that I'd like to try some of them out.Thanks in advance for your help.Cheers,Bob.

A game in which the Germans might win is maybe a bit to much to ask for (it clashes with historical acuratesse in my opinion).

TOAW has several scenario's for the east front, some good some bad, some even very good. If you buy Century of Warfare (COW; the latest TOAW variant) you can download Opertion Barbarossa, which is a very nice east front first year scenario, and you get tons of other scenario's as bonus.

Other than that 'Schwerpunkt'is currently building an East Front version for their WW2 engine (Schwerpunkt Moscow?). I am waitig for that one, should be out 'soon'.

Bertram

You didn't specify 'computer games'(though I'm sure that's what you meant! wink.gif,so I would recommend GMT's Barbarossa games(along with Typhoon!,which uses the same system),unless you're completely disinterested in (rather large) board wargames.IMO,they are the best games ever made on the subject-extremely elegant designs.

Oh,and send an email to Roger Keating of SSG urging him to produce the sequel to 'The Ardennes Offensive',which was to be on the Korsun Pocket.That is one of the great computer operational level systems ever devised.

Mike