Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

OT: Chop interest rates now!

Way OT, but it's time the Fed cut interest rates back. The GDP is growing at its slowest rate in four years, most of the leaders on the NASDAQ are reporting earnings warnings, etc. The Street expected a cut earlier this week, and when Greenspan held the line instead the market dropped again.

DjB

LOL! I thought this post would have something to do with the high price of Tigers. At 300,000 ReichsMarks a pop (1944), one would definately have to take out a loan. smile.gif

What's good for the NASDAQ is not necessarilly good for everyone. If you want financial security, get out of debt. Pay off your credit cards, your car loan and your mortgage. Then save money the old fashioned way; stop spending all of it!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Way OT, but it's time the Fed cut interest rates back. The GDP is growing at its slowest rate in four years, most of the leaders on the NASDAQ are reporting earnings warnings, etc. The Street expected a cut earlier this week, and when Greenspan held the line instead the market dropped again.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NASDAQ is taking a beating because in the grand scheme of life and money the New E-conomy never appeared... all the 'great' dot com ideas have yet (for the most part) to generate ANY profit. (and while their founders may be million or billionaires, THAT money came from IPO's... not actualy profit from the companies themselves.) Cisco Systems (IIRC) is preparing to write off 5% of its accounts receivable because of default payments. (Lucent, Nortel etal are also slumping because of this, although many would argue the tech sector has been overvalued for a long time.) I would also suggest that after four years of a superheated economy (I work in the auto industry... we've been run off our feet) Joe Average may be floating about as much debt as he is capable of. In addition, markets traditionally soften for industrial sectors in Q4, as year end financials are prepared... most industrial stocks jump in the spring when budgets are finalized.

Hmmm... if BTS goes public, do purchasers of ver 1.0 CMBO get a discount on IPO shares? (Loyaty reward perhaps?!)

wink.gif

Tailz

I AM paying off my car and college loans (my new job will help a lot) and I don't spend frivolously (the last "me" purchase I made was my home PC, almost 6 months ago.

And I know that 401k, mutual funds, and Roth IRAs are long-term affairs, but it really hurts to get my year-end investment statements and see that, if I had not invested that $2000, I'd have $2000 for Xmas presents, instead of $1800 invested.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

That's what you get with a Republican administration--low tax and interest rates. Only problem is, that doesn't help the economy grow. It stagnates it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, are you for real? Bush hasn't even taken flippin' office and you are already blaming him for the economy Clinton is still in charge of.

And in fact, when the republicans take over Slavery will be legalized, children will be sold to Iran to be camel jockeys, and the Sun will grow cold and dark.

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

If Greenspan is a CMer, I wonder what other celebrities/public figures are playing CM. Who would be most likely? I bet the author John Keegan takes breaks between chapters for a QB. Was it Clint Eastwood making that Kelly's Heroes mod? Do you think it possible that the cast of West Wing owns the top of the Rugged Defense ladder? Is Peng actually Bob Newhart???

I'm watching all of you very closely...

-Ringo Starr

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jackson:

If you want financial security, get out of debt. Pay off your credit cards, your car loan and your mortgage. Then save money the old fashioned way; stop spending all of it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you some kind of communist or something?

Accumulating money through saving just isn't American!!

Jeff Heidman

P.S. If you are in fact, not American and/or are a Communist, I apologize for any perceived slight towards your unfortunate situation.