New members since mid May

It seems like a lot of people have joined this forum in the last few weeks and that is great. It seems like the word is getting out. Would anyone that has joined since about mid-May let us know where you found out about CM? Somebody start a topic on where everyone found out about CM, I'm too lazy and tired.

------------------

Rick614

I saw it on the TGN website. Has anyone seen this type of responce to a game that is only in demo? There must be a half dozen websites at least out there and this for a game that isn't even on market yet. Amazing.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

In January of this year I saw CoolColJ in the lobby of an online game called Chan Of Command ( www.2am.com ) spamming something bout Combat Mission, so I went to the website Battlefront.com and saw one screen shot and immediately placed and order.

PS. UBB IS REALLY ANNOYING SOMETHIMES. mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Screaming Demon (edited 06-12-2000).]

Visiting TGN Website for the latest and greatest on SP series and Battlefront games, I stumbled on Wild Bill commenting about CM in the positive. Well, if Wild Bill was impressed, I must dig some more... Checking out TGN's CMHQ page got me hooked, then a visit to Battlefront.com clinched an order for CM. This is without playing the demo first. Then playing the gold demo proved the order was well worth it, and a strong desire to pre-order CM2 developed.

------------------

Garry Kump

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

There must be a half dozen websites at least out there <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was last month. now there are over 12!

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

Guest ACTOR

I actually found the CM Beta through ZDNET. It was one of their new game picks and I just followed the link, downloaded the Beta and became instantly addicted to this game.

I've been getting the email updates for a long time ... I just recently bought a decent computer that will do more the mail & serf ..

This was at one time going to be Computer ASL , correct ? If so AH,HASBRO,MMP are missing

a good one !!

I have already spammed my miniature gaming partners ....

Abrams

CM Demo was on a CD included in a well known wargaming magazine in France.

They have been VERY thorrough with SP so I guess they'll be thrilled by CM and brand it there new werhorse.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Well I found out about combat mission in a dutch computer magazine called "Computer Totaal" I haven't seen it in any big computer games magazines though. An idea maybe? I you can get PC Zone to review it, you'll certainly be a winner.

bye

Found out about the game through The Adrenal Vault. They had it listed in thier newest demos. It was the gold demo, wish I had found out about the game much sooner though when R&D was going on big time in gearing up for the gold release so I would have caught all the great information that flew around.

I would like to share the caption that caught my eye on the gold demo that the AVAULT used for the game. "Combat Mission is a 1-2 player, turn-based, simultaneous-execution 3D simulation of WWII tactical warfare. It combines unparalleled game depth and ease of use with a true 3D environment. The move to the 3rd dimension is not just to look cool, rather it it improves the accuracy of the simulation. Think of the world around us - it's all 3D. True 3D LOS, 3D spotting, 3D terrain, and 3D trajectories are a lot more realistic than 2D approximations, so that is what CM delivers!"

Hats off to BTS for their game and the AVAULT for posting such a well constructed preview for the demo! biggrin.gif

I read about it in the magazine PC Gamer. Their resident grognard stated that companies like BTS were the future of REAL wargaming instead of the big name companies producing their rehashed crap(wargaming lite, as he put it).I have to admit it,I'm very impressed by what CM has to offer and the amazing amount of replayability this game presents.

I've been following the discussions for a long time... since January, if I remember it correctly. Today I decided to join in, also placed my preorder. Congratulations to THE BTS for a BIIIG effort!!! Hope to receive the game soon, although it may take a while to get it in Scandinavia.