Is there any way humanly possible to figure outif my order shipped on Friday?

I can't call my credit card company...it takes 2-5 business days for the transaction to show up in their computer. That idea is out. Is there any way BTS or someone could let me know that my pre-order went out the door in Friday??

Please, I'm dying. The suspense to see if it's gonna show up at my door tommorrow is killing me. Ugghh, can any one offer suggestions? ( no wise ass ones please.)

Capt,

Get a grip on reality son. We all want the game as badly as the next guy,but don't you think right now Steve and Charles time is better spent on making sure all the orders are shipped expediously? Beleive me,I am pacing the driveway between my door and the mailbox as much as anyone...

If I get it tomorrow I will be ecstatic,If not I will be upset. But the sun will still rise...

-Rookie

And if you get it,That means I got it too,since we live in roghly the same area..

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Okay, it won't be wise assed but you won't like it. Asking BTS to take time out of their schedule to look your order up will take time out their schedule to ship other orders out. That is unfair to the others, not to mention the fact that it would open the floodgates for everyone to ask for confirmation of their orders.

IF the credit card information you provided is still valid and IF you have received no bad news emails from BTS, you can be relatively assured that your order is in place.

I see no viable way anyone else can help you either. The only solution is to do what the rest of us are doing at this point ... waiting and watching the mail.

Joe

You may be able to take solace in this Captain. Tomorrow you will be able to d/l the demo of a very cool and original game. Terminus. Now everyone may say thats totally against your mighty religion, cm ofcourse, but wait. Terminus uses newtonian physics for its flight model. It might be worthless too I'm just guessing. But if you need something to take the edge off go for it.

I don't know how true this is but I heard that some of the main credit card companies, who use software from one specific supplier, have found a bug in the transaction routines that screws up and cancels transactions against all surnames starting with M. Perhaps someone should check this out?

------------------

Dulce Et Decorum Est

Tell ya what, Capn'. Go to www.shrapnelgames.com and download the "Steel Beasts" demo while you are waiting (about 21meg). The tutorials are quite extensive, and you can get a beginning idea of all it takes to run an M1 or Leopard II tank, and even a tank platoon or a company-level combined arms team.

In sum, give other things a try as you wait.

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 06-18-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

SURE!

Easy way to tell EXACTLY what day your order shipped.

When it ARRIVES, check the postdate on the package...

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Well I've just loaded 'Shogun: Total War' so I'm hoping this will dull the pain and European anguish of the llllonnnnnnggggggg waaaaaiiittttt. Otherwise I may have to resort to neat alcohol.

Two long awaited (for me anyway) games out at the same time - how am I supposed to choose which to play? Some kind of conspiracy surely. Small co-op games company actually run by anarchists whose hidden agenda is to bring down western capitalism by causing mass simultaneous 'sick leave'. Yeah, that's it...

I don’t understand why it should take your credit card company 2-5 days to show up in there computer. Go to the issuing banks web site and check the transactions of your card. As soon as there is a charge there should be a “Temp” under the Reference Designation of the sales (at least that’s the way mine works). It may take a day or two to get a real ref# but at least you’ll know if it’s on the way.