HE, AT etc terms used on this forum.

You might want to post a list of abbreviations you don't know. Then, you should get the help you need......

AP- Armor Piercing shell. HE- High Explosive shell.

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

APDS- Armor Piercing, Discarding Sabot

APCR- Armor Piercing Cannister Round

IIRC- If I Recall

CM- Combat Mission

FUBAR- ****ed up Beyond All Recognition

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

. I know there acronyms(spelling?)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have 'acronym' correct, but the proper contraction of "they are" is "they're", not "there". The possessive is 'their'. (And don't even get me started on to, two, and too!)(Sorry, the english major escaped from his cage...Get back in there! Quick, the whip!) smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaSCa:

Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

. I know there acronyms(spelling?)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have 'acronym' correct, but the proper contraction of "they are" is "they're", not "there". The possessive is 'their'. (And don't even get me started on to, two, and too!)(Sorry, the english major escaped from his cage...Get back in there! Quick, the whip!) smile.gif

et TU, CaSCa?

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teamski:

APCR- Armor Piercing Cannister Round

IIRC- If I Recall

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to be too persnickety, but APCR is Armor Piercing Composite Rigid, and IIRC is If I Recall Correctly. APCR & APDS appear in the game as tungsten rounds. I lobbied for there to be 37mm cannister rounds for the Allies, but BTS (Big Time Software) kept relying on those damned historic facts (i.e. the stuff was barely used in the ETO).

------------------

We eat like kings, drink like czars, and game like fat drunken king-czars. - CaSCa

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah, you should have seen the look on the Technical Circular's face when I shot his Mid Blastula Transition with a nice hunk of Argentinian Tango! Man, that was totally Failed UniBus Address Register!

Although I admit, I generally think Human Erythrocyte Aglutination Test rounds perform better in most situations.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 11-02-2000).]

What I think everyone's failing to realize is that the OOB for a QB, IMO, when picked by AI tends to favor the GI over the AP and comes up short with OB HE from a FO. This may not be a problem, but any CAS from the AI tends to make close formations KIA, especially armor. AT, HE, and AP can't shoot at CAS, so you've got to rely on AA if you've got it. If the AI didn't give you any AA, you may be able to use HMG fire from HT's, and maybe LMG, but it's pretty ineffective. It's FUBAR any way you cut it, as the AI picks at RND and doesn't offer balance to a QB. Even if you pick for a QB, you can't get AA if you're locked into using US or UK AB. Can't get armor either with AB, but can make up for it with HE and AP guns towed by a Jeep MG. QED.

I'd recommend going with VG's if playing Axis, as they help getting the VL's in QB's.

BTW, What was the question again?

Guest Warphead-

If you can read the above text fluently you spend too much time in here!!! wink.gif

["Haben die Krupp-Werke Betriebsausflug? Da rollt ja halb Deutschland auf mich zu..." (Vincent)]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dirkd1976:

Hey Pham 911,

I got them all but QED and CAS, help?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Close Air Support

Opfor = opposing force (the guys shooting at you)

MBT main battle tank

b/c because

AFAIK as far as I know

HFlaFueSys (Heeresflugabwehrfuehrungssytem)

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-02-2000).]