Any body that has CMBB gone back to CMBO

Well, again I do appreciate everybody's feed back. This is the type of response I was hoping to get and it was very helpful. Thanks. After reading one response I would decide not to buy then I'd read the next favorable one and decide to buy it and so forth and so on. But after Yankee Dog took the time to really explain certain aspects of the game I feel it sounds like something I would like to try. So looks like I'm buying although I'll wait until the next update comes out before doing so. Again, thanks to all and especially to Yankee Dog for his much appreciated detailed post. That's just what I needed to make a decision. See yall on the Eastern Front.

I really like the new features but I miss the Western Front. With enough mods you can spruce up CMBO to make it look cooler but you are still missing the new features. This is not a big deal for and I play each game with their respective stregths and weaknesses in mind.

Conclusion: Buy both you will not be disappointed in either and each is special in its own way.

BTW, I will take on people looking to PBEM CMBO or CMBB. Email addie in profile.

I must admit I had absolutely no interest in the Eastern Front at all but I still got CMBB. I only really play that now, mainly becuase of all the new features. I do prefer the extra 'realism' of CMBB though I can appreciate there will be many who still prefer the greater action of CMBO.

My only wish is that they'd released the games the other way round and that CMBB was actually the Western Front game. I still far prefer using US/Commonwealth forces and Axis rather than Russian et al.

It's now being sold as v1.02 as well and I daresay that'll be the last update.

[ February 15, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

In reference to my earlier post about SKI TROOPS- you can't see the skis and they don't look like they're skiing. But getting my ass handed to my by the AI more than makes up for it.

I also have to say that the sounds are much improved over the CMBO BTS sounds, with bullets whizzing and hitting the earth and so forth. They still aren't as good as the mod sounds I have in CMBO, (thanks to some of MadMatt's) but it looks like BTS has also liked his skills enough to put some of them in the stock game.