Scenario Overload!

While vainly trying to decide what battles to play this past weekend, I relaized I had WAY too many scenarios to easily "thumb through" them. I expect this will happen when CM2 comes out, as well. Therefore, I would like to open discussion on diferent ways of organizing this (who knows, maybe we could get it into CM1 smile.gif ). I see several possibilites:

1) Leave it as it is.

2) A hierarchal sorting method. (subdirectories/folders) Players can create their own directory names depending on preference.

3) A simple listing like now, but sortable by date, forces, size.

4) Other?

My preference would be method #2. What do you think?

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

Agree with #2.

Also, gotta request that maybe in some patch there could be an option to delete scenarios and not just saved games(with conformation, of course).

There are quite a few pretty lousy scenarios out there nowadays, and as it stands I have to remember or write down the name, and manually delete them from the scenarios folder, which is a pain if you're trying new ones all the time.

And, just slightly off-topic food for thought for designers out there: If your spelling isn't great, use a spell checker. It's a rapid turn off to sit down for a scenario and find that 1/3 of the words in the briefing are garbled. It's very hard to play the scenario through after you're told the equivellant of "I didn't care enough to proof-read these three paragraphs".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IntelWeenie:

While vainly trying to decide what battles to play this past weekend, I relaized I had WAY too many scenarios to easily "thumb through" them. I expect this will happen when CM2 comes out, as well. Therefore, I would like to open discussion on diferent ways of organizing this (who knows, maybe we could get it into CM1 smile.gif ). I see several possibilites:

1) Leave it as it is.

2) A hierarchal sorting method. (subdirectories/folders) Players can create their own directory names depending on preference.

3) A simple listing like now, but sortable by date, forces, size.

4) Other?

My preference would be method #2. What do you think?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two and three.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pham911:

And, just slightly off-topic food for thought for designers out there: If your spelling isn't great, use a spell checker. It's a rapid turn off to sit down for a scenario and find that 1/3 of the words in the briefing are garbled. It's very hard to play the scenario through after you're told the equivellant of "I didn't care enough to proof-read these three paragraphs".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. No smileys, no sarcasm, I just happen to agree. I do extend a blanket exception to those for whom English is not their primary language. I am grateful to such people for making their contributions despite the language barrier, and they should not feel criticized or embarrassed. I could not even take a stab in any language other than my mother tongue.

PS I presume that your spelling of "equivalent" was intentional?