For those interest - Desobry Operation Revised

For those who have problems with the Team Desobry operation, I have made some changes and just played through the first battle, rather haphazardly (I lost 4 Shermans) and it still rolled over to battle #2.

The Raider Test group is playing it this week once more and if it passes their stringent comments, I'll repost it on the CMHQ Scenario Depot for those who would like a second chance to get past battle #1.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>At least, it MUST be grossly unbalanced, since Ron Stakelback is kicking my ass in it.

But we are currently on day three...

Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL Jeff....

Regards, John Waters

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

Two that I can see Jeff, the type of operation set for this battle did not seem to work well. It caused a premature ending for some.

The no man's land setting was too large. I set it that way originally in order to be able to see the entire map, but that is no longer necessary.

So I changed both of these. I take it you are playing the Germans wink.gif

You could be right, I'll take a look again at that too.

And Big John Waters! biggrin.gif Good to see you up and about. I know this is your kind of game!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

I know! I had one like that too. He hid among the houses on the right at the bend in the road where it leads into Noville. There he accounted for at least five German AFVs, but another PZIV would have none of it.

He became a blazing altar of Freedom Fighters holding on to Noville by their fingernails...Those are the heroes!...WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Oh great job BILL!! mad.gif

After playing this one for the last SEVEN MONTHS against Kwazydog as the vastly outnumbered and beleagured Germans you go and fix it!!! Jeez, talk about timing!

This battle may go down in the Beta test annals as the longest most bled dry Operation yet. Both Kwazy and I have used this very Operation as our test bed to find and report bugs, crashes, version compatablity issues and more. We started this battle WAAAAYYYY before the game went gold and I think we were on Beta .90 or something... eek.gif I can't remember how many versions we have gone through since then but we have managed to soldier on with this SAME battle.

I am glad that you have tweaked the No-Mans Land as that was our primary beef with the operation itself. One interesting side note is that all the time people were screamin about this one as umplayable or unwinnable or whatever, little old Kwazy and I were slugging it out and reporting bugs as they appeared and having (and still are) one helluva good time with it. wink.gif

Currently we are on the 5th battle and nearing the end. The town is leveled and burning quite nicely and my Veteran German tank crews are being bested left and right by the cowardly, but tenacious, capitalist defenders.

After all we have been through with this one we both agree that it just may be the single greatest wargaming experience we have ever experienced. How's that for a endorsement?

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 09-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Currently we are on the 5th battle and nearing the end. The town is leveled and burning quite nicely and my Veteran German tank crews are being bested left and right by the cowardly, but tenacious, capitalist defenders.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let that be a lesson to you, don't mess with the Aussies! wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>After all we have been through with this one we both agree that it just may be the single greatest wargaming experience we have ever experienced. How's that for a endorsement?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, CM and Wild Bill (& crew) together, what more do we need?

Keep up the excellent work (All of you, even Matt), it just adds value to the CM experience!

Mace

PS Great to see you got 'Brian' right he he

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 09-11-2000).]

Gentlemen, thank you. Madmatt, I did not know you and Kwazy were leaving your marks all over Noville.

Take it from me fellas, Madmatt and his hosts come through a town, a veritable desert left behind.

Look at the bright side. He is running out of places to hide biggrin.gif

And Mace, thank you. I appreciate that very much. I hope we can continue to work with BTS for the magnificent upcoming Eastern Front of Combat Mission. UYAH!

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

And Big John Waters! biggrin.gif Good to see you up and about. I know this is your kind of game!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hola Bill & you to. Heh you should Bill we spent alota time in the trenches together working on em in the good ol days biggrin.gif.

Regards, John Waters

---------

------------------

Notice: Spelling mistakes left in for people who need to correct others to make their life fulfilled.

guys,

This was the first OP i tried and thought I was doing horribly (lost ALL tanks as germans first battle). However in the next battle (at night) I snuck to the far back right edge, beat off the americans and won the Op. I guessed this was because I reached the end of the map. Of course I was playing against the AI so you can get away with things like that.

Is this what is going to be fixed?

-Ren