Things are getting serious...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"what were you drinking, i want some."

House special called a tricky dickey screwdriver, one part alcohol, 2 parts purple cool-aid and a jigger of formaldahyde from the jar with Hitler's brain we got in the back storeroom...

Berlichtigen, you are one gutsy bastard in a forum.

Care to bet our PBEM is going to end the way yours did with Darwin and Fionn?

biggrin.gif

In under 10 minutes, my Free French are going to toast their victory with the schnaps of your dead soldiers canteens...

biggrin.gif

And someday I'm going to make a song of your fable Turn 2 and 3 mails...

You are refreshing.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Ha! I can see already that you have been lulled into a false sense of victory. It will be 1940 all over for your Free French!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trading ALL of your armor just to give me a warm cozy feeling of security was nice of you Dan...

Do you fancy a special tune for your song?

biggrin.gif

Boy, I'm enjoying this Forum as much as the game.

My Free French might be defeated but you'll need troops to do that Berlichtigen.

------------------

Guest Germanboy

Good thing there is an edit function...

Newsflash:

E Coy, 2nd BN 26th Infantry 1st ID 'The Big red One' announces the impending liberation of Aachen. Minor casualties were incurred when soldiers of the reserve platoon fell after their boots got stuck in chewing gum left by the assault platoon.

The town commander, who suffers from the twin delusions to a) be Götz von Berlichingen and B) of being a capable military commander is currently seeing his infiltration attempts disintegrate and his troops surrender left right and centre. The Big Red One is proud to maintain an unbeaten record against Oberst Berlichingen in three engagements.

Updates to follow on the date of the victory parade.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 07-10-2000).]

Alas, it is true... I have no troops. I guess you can just walk/drive into the village... no one here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I to take the bait?

biggrin.gif

Dan, some of your guys are hanging their nickers at the windows since they had to wash them.

So now I know they are there.

But maybe they are not being merely hygienic, could they be surrendering?

Say Berlichtigen, if they do manage to flag underwear to my troops then I'll give you this one as an honorary win...

biggrin.gif

------------------

Fine, leave me out of it. I've been cleaning my system from smilies with napalm, thus the snail-like pace of my replies. Now on to the taunts:

Your little girly men with your big pockets, attacking young boys and old blind men are you? We were sitting around the campfire joking and telling farts (we may be confused but they have given us guns) when you had to come along with your gung-ho, "We start here!" attitude.

I squeeze my pimples at you and fart in your general direction. And you were not supposed to come from that direction, you ignorant man.

------------------

Geier, formerly Kettle Black.

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And you were not supposed to come from that direction...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am ever so sorry for not reading your op order before attacking. I realize the difficulty you must be facing at having to react to an attack that does not fall into your simplistic expectations. I will endevor to conform to your expectations in the future, as you do deserve at least some small chance at victory smile.gif

Hey Berli you hammerhead..oh no I started to go on a tirade about you goofing off and not sending me the game and before I clicked "post" I decided to check myself and realised I am the one who hadn't sent the file. I played it on Sunday but never sent it. I did the same thing to Simon...I must have been loaded or something. I can't remember if I was loaded because I was too loaded to remember. That damn Jersey shore buzz will sneak right up on you.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

Guest Germanboy

Newsflash:

City of Aachen first German city to be occupied.

07/11/00 - SHAEF confirmed today that the 2nd BN 26th Infantry under Lt.Col. Derrill today eliminated the last pockets of resistance in the city of Aachen. In a phone interview Lt.Col. Derrill said:

'Fortunately, we got around to smashing their city centre good, before occupying it. The Krauts fought like the bunch of sissy wuss girly-blouses they are, my troopers had a field-day. Thanks to Col.Berli, CO of the city of Aachen for running two squads of infantry right up to my *censored* *censored*, so that the *censored* could get a few potshots. Last time I was in such mortal danger was when my wife asked me to carry the trash outside and the inlaws showed'

The derogatory laughter of Lt.Col.Derrill in Aachen could be heard in Brest. Most of the adjectives he uttered in conjunction with the Kraut infantry can unfortunately not be printed in a family newspaper.

------------------

Andreas

I will endevor to conform to your expectations in the future,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good. It's tiring to have to teach you these things. Line up and get killed like a real marine.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>as you do deserve at least some small chance at victory. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. So far you have lulled me into a false(?) sense of security by walking straight into ambushes and staying in houses that well, they don't build em like they used to, do they?

------------------

Geier, formerly Kettle Black.

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You're right. So far you have lulled me into a false(?) sense of security by walking straight into ambushes and staying in houses that well, they don't build em like they used to, do they?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Methinks FOW is playing tricks on you. Other than blowing up a house, you have managed to inflict negligible casualties... Was that a PaK 43 I saw knocked out? Damn, that had to hurt smile.gif

Let's see, current score...

Germans: 1 house

Americans: 1 PaK 43

I notice from your setup, that bunkers need to come with a "this side toward enemy" label on them smile.gif

May 1945,

Colonel Doghouse led (ok, he probably didn't lead given the complete lack of coordination) his gallant Paras in an attack on the Adlershorst. It was a slaughter... with few Paras left to march into captivity. With commanders like Col. Doghouse on the Allied side, we may yet win the war!

Guest dirkd1976

Damn, I don't think I've ever seen more smack talked on a message board as I have seen here!! smile.gif You guys are cracking me up!! wink.gif Happy gaming!! biggrin.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Finally I feel I have gotten a foothold on that insufferable bastard Berli. I by no means feel I have the upper hand but the playing field is once again level.

Moriarty has sent me the strangest looking scenerio I have seen to date. Have only done the set up (which was one of those where your units don't get to be placed anywhere but where they are when you open the game)so will keep you knuckleheads posted.

Damn I am up to my ass in PBEM games now.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

May 1945,

Colonel Doghouse led (ok, he probably didn't lead given the complete lack of coordination) his gallant Paras in an attack on the Adlershorst. It was a slaughter... with few Paras left to march into captivity. With commanders like Col. Doghouse on the Allied side, we may yet win the war!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's Private Doghouse after my game with you. My defense? I was drinking with Elvis. Plus, I've got 240mm spotters that were using seeing-eye dogs, who needed seeing-eye dogs.

Besides, I thought the idea of the game was to have as many casualties inflicted against you as possible.