GenCon recognizes CM

Sort of, this is from from Happy Puppy:

Popular board wargame Squad Leader from now-Hasbro-owned Avalon Hill is getting the wargame treatment, and it looks like a mix between Close Combat and traditional turn-based fare. It doesn’t look a lot like Squad Leader, however, and pales in comparison to Battlefront’s Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord.

Interestingly Gary Gygax returned to the fair, and Squad Leader great Ed Greenwood was also around. It would have been fun to be there.

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 11-02-2000).]

I'm not sure what the reviewer in the Games Domain article has against 3D rendered humans. There are good examples of 3D rendered humans in a lot of games. The thing is many people don't understand is that 3D rendered doesn't immediately mean that the artist is trying to duplicate reality. Who accuses 2D artists of doing that? Maybe the 3D artist is trying something with .. *gasp*.. style?

------------------

----

To download my scenarios: go to http://www3.telus.net/pop_n_fresh/combatmiss/index.htm

[This message has been edited by Disaster@work (edited 11-02-2000).]

Man oh man this Squad Leader Fiasco gets worse and worse everyday! What a boneheaded play Hasbro made with this piece of crud. The shame of it is, is that they have so much dough it won't matter to them if the game flops or not. If it did matter it wouldn't be this pathetic. I think all the ASL fans out there outta get together and mass email them some hate. Maybe they'd get there heads outta their butts?

Makes me wonder whats gonna happen to D&D now.

Mord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Echo:

Jeezus...Gary Gygax is still alive? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and he has a cameo in the new D&D movie coming out.

------------------

Navare

"I am determined to prove a villian..."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm not sure what the reviewer in the Games Domain article has against 3D rendered humans. There are good examples of 3D rendered humans in a lot of games. The thing is many people don't understand is that 3D rendered doesn't immediately mean that the artist is trying to duplicate reality. Who accuses 2D artists of doing that? Maybe the 3D artist is trying something with .. *gasp*.. style? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an outrageous slur against the reviewer, who for his part never wrote anything to even suggest he has anything against 3D renditions!!!