PBEM addition request

In a future release, I would like to see a PBEM game be initiated by either side. I was attempting to start a game as the Axis in VOT but it won't let me. frown.gif I think the after the set-up phase, the CM could resync the PBEM game at the other players computer.

pford

Hmmm, as far as I'm aware you CAN initiate any game from either side. You must chose the side, of course, when you start the game, but it will let you pick either side. Once the game is started you're stuck with what you picked.

Joe

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

I was quite careful the second time I tried this since I assumed I screwed it up the first time. The person I have played PBEM games with has wiped me up very easily so I was being particularly cautious in my set-up phase and was pissed at myself when I started playing the computer.

I retried this several times but I could not get the PBEM icon to work. Maybe I have a "bad" version or maybe it is a MacOS version bug. I will give it another try this week.

THX

pford

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pford:

I was quite careful the second time I tried this since I assumed I screwed it up the first time. The person I have played PBEM games with has wiped me up very easily so I was being particularly cautious in my set-up phase and was pissed at myself when I started playing the computer.

I retried this several times but I could not get the PBEM icon to work. Maybe I have a "bad" version or maybe it is a MacOS version bug. I will give it another try this week.

THX

pford<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it certainly is not a MacOS bug!

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

And it certainly is not a MacOS bug!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To make this perfectly clear, I said a MacOS version bug. You did not use the word version so I am going to assume it was implied, since I didn't expect it was the OS's fault.

Since I am being corrected, let me display my full ignorance at once and get it over with.

What does IIRC mean?

How does one deploy the 150mm without it getting killed as soon as it fires? Can it use indirect fire and get targeting info from an HQ?

pford

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pford:

To make this perfectly clear, I said a MacOS version bug. You did not use the word version so I am going to assume it was implied, since I didn't expect it was the OS's fault.

Since I am being corrected, let me display my full ignorance at once and get it over with.

What does IIRC mean?

How does one deploy the 150mm without it getting killed as soon as it fires? Can it use indirect fire and get targeting info from an HQ?

pford

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry - my mistake. I used the Gold under 8.6 and 9.0.4 ad 9.0.2, and have not had the problem you describe.

1. IIRC - If I recall correctly

2.a) some people claim to have done just that, but they are the happy people. Keep it hidden, with very limited LOS, focussing on one area, maybe that helps.

2b) AFAIK no

2c) AFAIK no

You haven't asked, but just in case, AFAIK = as far as I know.

Hope that helped.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Edited for html-tag errors

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 06-12-2000).]

Thanks for the information. In rereading my post, I think I came across a little terse. While I am miffed, it was not from this. I should have said clarify or less provacative phrasing.

Thanks again.

Your use of the term "PBEM icon" suggests something to me. Are you trying to click on the picture above the word "Email?" If so, that's the problem - click on the button with the word "Email" and all will be solved. If not, I have no clue, since I have initiated multiple PBEMs from all sides of all scenarios with the Mac version.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Gahh - slight terms mixup. Corrected now.

[This message has been edited by Scott C (edited 06-12-2000).]

Don't know if this is of any help, but the next to the last screen before the game starts are 4 choices...the first is playing vs the computer, 2nd is hotseat, 3rd is Email, 4th tcp/ip...there is a button below the picture that you press to highlight (at least on a PC)...is this maybe the area you are missing? You should be choosing the "Email" button...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strider:

Don't know if this is of any help, but the next to the last screen before the game starts are 4 choices...the first is playing vs the computer, 2nd is hotseat, 3rd is Email, 4th tcp/ip...there is a button below the picture that you press to highlight (at least on a PC)...is this maybe the area you are missing? You should be choosing the "Email" button...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been there, done that. I am just going to have to go through it again. If it fails, I'll have to check to see if there is a extension conflict. I will probably wait for the CD if I don't get it working this week instead of re-downloading it.

Thanks for the info. Although it sounds stupid, many a time I have been stuck until someone pointed out the obvious. Usually my intuitive grasp of the obvious is solid. smile.gif

Well I tried it on another Mac and it worked as advertised. Its a good thing I don't have to be sworn in on what I did before, because under oath I would have said I did it right, but now I doubt myself.

Maybe there is a reason I have been clobbered in the e-mail games.

[This message has been edited by pford (edited 06-13-2000).]