Question about unit costs

I have a complete unit point cost chart updated for v1.03 if anybody wants to look at it as well as a unit availability chart (by month).

If you look at the numbers long enough, you should be able to come up with a good idea of the weighting of various factors for point costs.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I have a complete unit point cost chart updated for v1.03 if anybody wants to look at it as well as a unit availability chart (by month).

If you look at the numbers long enough, you should be able to come up with a good idea of the weighting of various factors for point costs.

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like a copy too Jason, at warmeister@inetone.net

and thanks!

Dick

OBVIOUSLY! the more powerful a unit E.g. how much carnage it will reap will cost you more...

A Tiger has a better main gun than a Sherman so of course the Tiger is gonna cost ya more...

Ya want Air support, ya gotta pay...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Well since everybody likes to throw around these big mathmatical terms I took the liberty to look up algorithm.

Definition as follows:

1. set of rules for solving a problem in a finite number of steps, as for finding the greatest common denominator.

2. Something the current Vice President wish he had. tongue.gif

3. see also algorism

So I believe the current question would be, what formula they used to determine point values? Class dismissed. tongue.gif

No algorerithms were used during this post.

Hey Fionn I thought you said you didn't inhale. wink.gif

Tony

Tony, you obviously are not aware that us computer science guys see EVERYTHING as an algorithm.

Anyway, it is entirely possible that the process used is an algorithm rather than a formual anyway. Something along the lines of

1. Carefully analyze such factors as protection, mobility, firepower, vulnerability, etc., etc.

2. Drink beer.

3. repeat step 2 until you forget about Step 1.

4. Make up a number.

See, an algorithm!

Seriously though, what is a formula but an algorithm for solving a problem anyway?

Jeff Heidman

Tony,

Not inhaling doesn't preclude shooting up wink.gif ( not that I ever have... Yuck, veins are too precious to be clogged by damn drugs.)

Jochen,

WOW. Do you really think so? I don't think that had occured to anyone beforehand.

Better units cost more you say? Hmm, makes sense I suppose.

I sent my charts off to Moon a week ago. He said he would put them up when he did another update. It's a good thing he didn't because v1.03 came out and I had to redo most of it. Vehicle prices went WAY up for vet+ and prices also increased for onboard guns (howitzers, mortars, AT guns, etc.) and for small man portable weaponse (light mortars, bazookas, etc.)

ANYONE who has a website can post these as long as I get attribution. Since Matt is gone, maybe I'll send them over to the other Jason at CMHQ.tzo/canada.

Jason

Jeff Heidman wrote:

1. Carefully analyze such factors as protection, mobility, firepower, vulnerability, etc., etc.

2. Drink beer.

3. repeat step 2 until you forget about Step 1.

4. Make up a number.

See, an algorithm!

Sorry, but that's not an algorithm, it's heuristics. Your loop test in step 3 is not recursive (as in primitive- and mu-recursions) so it is possible that it doesn't terminate. As Dittohead wrote, an algorithm has to be completed in finite number of steps.

- Tommi

I wish the algorithms were made public so I could disagree

with 'em. I've only disagreed about twice today smile.gif

But I really suspect there were none. Not that there'd be anything

wrong with that.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?