AAR's, POTD's and NEW EXCLUSIVE GRAPHIC ENHANCEMENTS!!! On CMHQ's Thursday Update!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

You can read the headline right? Well then get on over to CMHQ and check out all our hard work! Come on! Get going! Go...Stop hanging around here and get!!!

Turn 6 of Riesberg!

New POTD

Awesome never before screenshots of new graphics and Interface Enhancements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby yeah! tongue.gif

Madmatt cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest John Pender

Thanks Matt,

Thats what I call an update. Lots of pics and new features. The ARR was entertaning as well. Stug42, new map terain and a Hetzer. Good show.

Thaks to Steve and Charles as well, it all looks so good.

Matt it was good to talk to you and Moon on Lorak's chat. Hey you guys check it out 9:00 PM nightly its worth the trip. Good discussion on small scenario design ideas and other general info.

Keep it coming baby.

Take care

John41436 Pender

I noticed in the group move pics, one of the sides of that big building has a different colour to the others, is this intentional, or is it a booboo? tongue.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my music while your there! :P

Some Remarks on these GREAT screenshots:

1) Has anybody noticed that the RUBBLE has obviously turned truly 3D ?!

2) The ground in winter woods should be much darker !

3) The snow beside roads does not blend in with the bump-mapped snow fields, yet !

But congratulations to everybody involved, anyway !! And thanks for the info !

Regards, Thomm

Guest Madmatt

In answer to #1 thats not rubble but a roadblock which IS 3D. The texture is mapped over a polygon which looks like an inverted V. I will be posting some more shots of those later on.

The building having different colors is intentional I believe but then I am no architect and can't really comment on European building design.

The road is supposed to look like that I think. What you call poor blending, to me looks like snow piled up along the road. And I would know as we just got through a big winter storm a week back and thats EXACTLY what it looks like when vehicles drive over snowy roads after a while! I actually like the look but to each his own and BTS has shown time and time again that the tweaks continue.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-11-2000).]

A quick comment on the building. In the forties, you will often find that only one side of a building (the one facing the road) looks nice (looking for the english word... is it masonry?) The other sides (facing the backyard and the sides) were rather ugly bricks. This is true for free-standing houses as well as rows of houses. The proof is standing a few blocks down the street where I am living (in Germany) and it looks very similar to the house in the game... wink.gif