CM = Crack

My name is James and I am a recovering CM addict.

Since the X-mas hollidays I have been unable... I mean I have quit CM. After going out of town for two weeks and having a house guest who has been staying in my computer room (he must die!), I have not played CM for some (gulp!) 30 days. The cravings (shudder...) have passed and I no longer dream of CM. This is the best I have felt in a long time (wipe sweat from forehead). My wife is happy once more and my son has relearned my name.

Unfortunately now my guest will leave in a couple of days and already I feel the pull of CM (wipe drool from chin). Is there a support group out there that can help me fight the urge? Has anyone else been able to kick the habit? Is there no hope?

Anyone care for a game?

No, no I mean.....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueFalcon:

My name is James and I am a recovering CM addict.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.......NOT! Once an addict always an addict. You are obviously in serious denial my friend.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueFalcon:

My name is James and I am a recovering CM addict.

Is there a support group out there that can help me fight the urge? Has anyone else been able to kick the habit? Is there no hope?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes try this link

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Combat+Mission&number=1 wink.gif

It's bad before you even get the full game.

I played the demo and ordered the game (after just one demo game smile.gif) and had to wait the painfull weeks wait to get it (Canada).

Well Monday comes around and I'v woken up late (work doesn't mind too much) scrambling to get ready (not a morning person.. not a monday person) and I hear this big plop of the mail. Sure anough I look around and I see CM sitting on the floor... AND I HAVE TO GO TO WORK!!!!

So I do a simpson's 'doh', open the package and take the manual with me to read on the subway smile.gif

Here's to a long and fruitfull addiction!

T.

Guest Napoleon1944

Great thread! I got a few friends hooked on CM now. I did warn them about its crack like addiction. Some of these posts are almost insane!

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Hi. My name is Willard and I have been abusing CM heavily for about 4 months now. I've been a video game user since the days of Space Invaders, and every year the evil video game cartels keep coming out with stronger and stronger drugs to keep us hooked.

Video games have ruined my life. They've jeopardized my college career, and now they are threatening my professional career, as well as my social life. This weakness has taken it's toll on my finances as well.

I thought I had my addiction under control, but I was wrong. I struggled with X-Com and Dune II in the early 90's, and more recently with Half-Life and it's bastard son Counter-Strike.

Then one day I came across a snippet on CM in a games magazine and it was all over. I looked for more info on the net and fired off an order the same day. Immediately, I started going through withdrawls before I've even tasted this drug.

Now my life is ruined. I spend my time at work browsing this forum, hitting the refresh button like a monkey. My girlfriend hates me and is jealous of my computer. My friends have abandoned me because I will no longer go out. I've even set my outlook email retreival time to 2 minutes like other addicts.

I have sunken to nadir of addiction. To share my misery with others, I've tried to turn my friends and even my own brother to the dark side. I don't even recognize the person I've become. I'm so ashamed...*sob*

Anyone up for a PBEM or TCP/IP? biggrin.gif