CM = Crack

I think someone mentioned this before but I have NEVER been SO addicted to a game before. My house falls apart around me, bills go unpaid, food is an afterthought, significant others go unwanted, the dog constantly prods me with his nose when I play, work is nothing but punishment.

It is hopeless.

My name's Jeff and I am a CM addict.

Jeff

Been there, know how you feel. I can't help myself. CM was just the starter. The mods and scenarios keep you coming back for more and more. TCP/IP is coming. Then CM2......

Little sleep.........

sniperscope

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When CM arrived, all other land based war games became crap.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crack, ha! Crack doesn't approach the level of addiction brought on by CM. Imagine if a drug dealer told you you could get a lifetime supply of crack for $50. And then he set up a UBB to ramble to other addicts.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Na,Na,Need more mods(heavy breathing),must play one more turn. A King Tiger! God Noooooooooooooo! wait I can play this over,do it better this time!(palsied hands reach for mouse)My men are being massacered!

Hi my name is Joe and I'm a CM addict

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

I know this is OT, but anybody ever notice how the ABSOLUTELY MOST EXCITING AND DRAMATIC MOMENT always and inevitably starts on the 59th second of the turn? I mean really...it's not enough the game is so good already, they have to add this unbearable tension too??

(talking to monitor)

...c'mon baby...that's it.... lil bit closer ... yeah... that's the way... oh hoh ho, that StuG is dead meat now... NOW GET HIM! I SAID GET HIM! FIRE!!!

(bloop)

ARRRRGGGHH!!!

DeanCo--

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

...(bloop)

ARRRRGGGHH!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeanCo, I coulnd't have said it any better! I hate that infernal bloop!

I've said before that I was using this game to kick my EverQuest (EverCrack, NeverRest) addiction, and I think it may have gotten worse. My daughter is eating the cats, my wife comes to me at 10:00 and says "I'm going to bed now, you coming?" "Ya, I'm just shutting down, I'll be right up. Oops, another file from shandorffffff, better play it and get it out. Oh, here's one from Hiram, and one from Oberst, hey, shandorffff sent his back already..." Come 12:30, I have to physically wrench myself from the machine. It's horrible. I feel like I'm letting my cyber-buddies down if I don't return the file in minutes.

My name is Matt, and I'm a CM addict,

(and I like it!)

------------------

"Nuts!"

Hi my name is Randy and I am a Combat Mission Addict..I just got married last week and Haven't seen my Wife since the wedding ceremony and we had a argument about attending that.(it took valuable time away from me and the game) She keeps talking something about a annulment. She cant do that we just got married. can she? oh well doesn't matter she just keeps getting in the way of me and the game anyways.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randy:

Hi my name is Randy and I am a Combat Mission Addict..I just got married last week and Haven't seen my Wife since the wedding ceremony and we had a argument about attending that.(it took valuable time away from me and the game) She keeps talking something about a annulment. She cant do that we just got married. can she? oh well doesn't matter she just keeps getting in the way of me and the game anyways. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny

In Real Life â„¢ I actually got married myself a few weeks ago. She Knew I was addicted before we got engaged so she has been pretty cool about it. he he he (She really thinks it will wear off shortly) NOT!

Anyway, YES as many of you may know, there are some serious challenges to being Married and being addicted to CM.

I wonder how many divorces video games computers and CM addiction will cause this year?

-tom w

Hi,

This is Jeff again and I am a CM addict.

I have played CM for the last few night until I went to bed. I can't get enough. I keep posting for more games when I know I already have too many, but too many never seems to be enough.

Last night I was cauking the bathtub and all I could think about was CM minimized on my computer with my Outlook Express just waiting to signal me for that next e-mail. I have the speakers turn up real loud so I can hear the e-mail signal in case I am not in the room. But that hardly ever happens since I am almost always in front of the computer clicking the "Send/Receive" button over and over again, like some conditionally trained mouse trying to get his reward, cause 5 minutes is TOO long to wait for Outlook to check the mail by itself.

At night...sometimes...when I'm alone...I think of CM.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

...cause 5 minutes is TOO long to wait for Outlook to check the mail by itself.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had this problem also, so I changed it to check every 2 minutes now. And what's worse, I will still sit there and click the send/receive button just in case the file should come in the middle of that 2 minute interval. OCD anyone? Does anyone else actually get upset when no one else is returning files immediately?

------------------

"Nuts!"

• 2 months later...

Do women ever get this way over things(besides men...haha)???

Think about it...your wife running back from putting her makeup on in the bathroom, knocking kids, husbands and pets assunder because of...what?...I can't think of a thing..Avon maybe? hehe.....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pktaske:

Do women ever get this way over things(besides men...haha)???

Think about it...your wife running back from putting her makeup on in the bathroom, knocking kids, husbands and pets assunder because of...what?...I can't think of a thing..Avon maybe? hehe.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may not have been CM and it certainly wasn't AVON ,I was totally addicted to Quake and when I started playing over the net it almost took over my life, I once played Fri night - Sun night without any sleep, then came half life and it started all over again, thankfully I got over that particular addiction, now I opt for less addictive pastimes to keep me occupied, Like this Forum for one, and who needs makeup for that? Well........ maybe just my lipstick, I feel naked without it.

------------------

Just for the record, I am a hunk, a hunk o'burnin' love. So's Meeks, buts that's only until the antibiotics take effect.

-------------------

HAKKO

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

...addiction, now I opt for...to keep me...naked..."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn...I'm fresh out of inuendoes.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

I am a CM user!

I became addicted when someone on the beta testing team showed me the full beta version and let me try a QB back in May of last year...what a rush...I was hooked.

My life now revolves around the depravity of numerous TCP/IP and PBEM battles, sleeping destitute near the pool, hanging out in MattChat, annoying the general ICQ community so I can just get a snippet of CM, and sleeping in cardboard boxes with equally depraved soulmates (especially one, Hi).

I also now do other hard games like Rogue Spear and Steel Beasts!

*SOB*

Please....help me!

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 01-22-2001).]

jjj....juh...juh....jonesin' man..... hard drive broke.....wwww...wont load on NT at work......ttt..trr...tried with neighbors......they couln't take the shelling at 0430.....bastards!.....nneeeed nnnneeewww hardddrive.....must get fixxxxx.....can't think....see.....lost.....all...is....lost....

------------------

Continuing the fight from the secret command bunker!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Damn...I'm fresh out of inuendoes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing a couple of Heinikens wont fix. biggrin.gif

------------------

Just for the record, I am a hunk, a hunk o'burnin' love. So's Meeks, buts that's only until the antibiotics take effect.

-------------------

HAKKO