CM Anonymous

My name is BJ and I am a CM-oholic. rolleyes.gif

I have had this problem for 3 months now ever since I clicked a hyperlink to battlefront.com from a USENET message bulletin board.

Since then, I have repeatedly clicked on other hyperlinks offering CM information, screenshots, and tactics. It has dominated my imagination as well. My habit has grown into joining mail lists about Meta-campaigns and posting my email address at the pantherworks for prospective PBEM games.

I have even dabbled in tweaked textures and sounds. eek.gif

When I can't get enough of the things that I have listed above, I scour CMHQ for AAR updates to ease the pain of this addiction.

When I dream at night, I dream of running through a field of gold CD's. Each packed with a hearty and beefy manual. And the roar of a UPS truck can just be heard as it rolls around the corner.

The worst part of this habit--er, addiction, is that I have knowingly tried to convince my friends, family, co-workers, even strangers to give it a try. I guess that would make me a CM pusher. redface.gif

My wife doesn't understand the depth of this addiction as my habit has been formed through online media and available beta demo downloads. I fear that the cat will come out of the bag as soon as the doorbell rings on D-Day when the UPS man asks her to sign for a package called: "Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord." wink.gif

I have tried to substitute the cravings with classic war movies, re-installation of Panzer General, Panzer Commander, Europeon Air War, new purchases of TOAW--WOTY edition, but nothing helps.

I am a CM-oholic. Admitting this is my first step towards digital sobriety...at least until D-Day hits! biggrin.gif

------------------

73 de kb9sog

Support Amateur Radio http://www.arrl.org

Home page of the Amateur Radio Relay League.

Ask me about ham radio:

kb9sog@arrl.net

BJ Simpson

[This message has been edited by kb9sog (edited 01-20-2000).]

Guest Capt_Manieri

I feel your pain. Could you imagine being 16 and having this addiction? The demo sometimes makes the pain go away, but I need a stronger fix. I've let everyone & everything down...my grades, my parents........

I need help......

Share it, brother...

(I like the message just before mine)

<The worst part of this habit--er, addiction, is that I have knowingly tried to convince my friends, family, co-workers, even strangers to give it a try. I guess that would make me a CM pusher. >

You're not a "pusher", you're a "Combat Missionary" bringing truth and enlightenment to the heathen (hehehe)

[This message has been edited by L4Pilot (edited 01-20-2000).]

Please tell me why there wasn't a warning?! If I would have known my every waking hour would be sent either playing the demo, our searching the web for just one word on this game i haven't read yet..... Well actualy this is one habit i don't mind having smile.gif Oh Lord!! What will it be like when i get the whole game?!:o

Lorak

------------------

"A stupid man dies a stupid death."

Guest GriffinCheng

kb9sog,

try some Pazner Elite, here...it may help....Or hit a couple PEBM games with anybody out there.

All of my life has been spent on *waiting*, if it is good, a few more months or another trip around the Sun has no effect on me.

Griffin.

All work and no CM make Jack a dull boy....all work and no CM make Jack a dull boy...all WORK And no CM make jack a Dull boy...all work and No CM make Jack a dull BOy...all work aNd no CM make jack A dull boY...all wORk and no CM make Jack a dull boy...all work and no CM MAke jAck a dUll boy.......

The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem. The second step is turning your will and life over to a power greater than yourself.

I HAD a problem...playing inferior war games

but I turned my will and my life over to CM. Now everything is peachy!