Bizarre mobile flak behavior

Anyone else noticed this? In some quick battels I bought a few of the truck mounted flak guns (German) in hopes of using them against half tracks etc.

OFTEN times, during battle, the truck sits there and turns in place....constantly. The gun aquires a target, then continues to spin. I watched more than once, a unit do this for an entire turn.

I have given up on using them now since they rarely do anything of use.

If it just me? smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Anyone else noticed this? In some quick battels I bought a few of the truck mounted flak guns (German) in hopes of using them against half tracks etc.

OFTEN times, during battle, the truck sits there and turns in place....constantly. The gun aquires a target, then continues to spin. I watched more than once, a unit do this for an entire turn.

I have given up on using them now since they rarely do anything of use.

If it just me? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I've noticed this with the SdKfz 7/1. It would fire the quad 20, but usually only if I explicitly selected a target.

I suspect part of the problem MAY be that this puppy has no armor, so even the slightest threat makes it want to turn tail and run... perhaps this isn't a problem with better troop quality (I don't recall the quality of the 7/1 crew I had).

------------------

-Doug

Part of the "backwards" problem with the SdKfz 7/1 can be explained by the fact that the turret was SUPPOSED to fire to the rear It's designed for AA, after all, where facing doesn't matter as much. Look forward to the patch for the "spinning".

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

I had the same problem in a current PBEM game. I fixed it by reversing the 'track in between two houses with its ass pointing towards the enemy, but far enough to allow the gun to cover a reasonable arc.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cueball:

This has been corrected in the upcoming 1.03. For those individuals that have 1.02 from the new CD, it may be corrected there as well<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info Cue. Where did you see that this would be fixed? Is there a list of upcoming fixes out there?