Stats, I need answers, Panzerfaust and Grenades

A couple of questions below that I'd really appreciate answers to. I'm making a few webpages online for unit statistics and I want the data for all units for players to refer to. I did searches for these answers and instead got a bunch of threads that looked like military history pages. Really al I need is a few #'s so I can post this for players to see. Please don't teach me history lessons and post diagrams of what there is the assumable armor penetration of a rifle grenade at 40, 50, 60 m I don't need it.

1. What is the blast radius of a grenade, I would assume that in CM, all the grenades have a blast radius the same and if so is it 9?

2.Penetration values for the Panzerfaust 30, 60 and 100m anti-tank weapons? I assume the penetration value is all the same but let me know if you, do know?

3. Penetration value, blast and range for the rifle grenade?

4. Gammon bombs and Shaped Charges blast value, or are these different than normal blast values because the noise they make and vibration effect much more intense?

Please understand I want what Combat Mission models not what it is in real life. I don't care what they did in real life, although I do have books on some of the weapons so I do like the read on them. What I need is what Combat Mission has for it's values.Groan! I DID just try and get my answers to my questions by searching and got some incredibly long threads that, I really don't have time to look for the answer. Accurratcy and realism is what BTS was attempting and I think they did a great job but I just need a few #'s please:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/009900.html

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/004564.html

Above are two of the threads I looked through but never found my answers, just so you know I tried.

Johnno

Dogs of War http://persweb.direct.ca/johnnocm/

Have you looked at the unit database on the ASL2CM converion site? They have an add-on that details every unit. I don't know if it has the infantry AT-weapons listed, but give it a shot. Go look through the CM webring for the URL.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-24-2000).]

Hmmm, I believe I talked to the webmaster and he said someone else did the stats but it was no longer available, thank you I'll look anyways maximus.

Oh and by the way one of the members of my website (a.k.a.stuka or Von Shrad) said you might be interested in joining our online players club. Feel free to come by look and join up we'd love to have as a member.

Johnno, Dogs of War http://persweb.direct.ca/johnnocm/

Bestables

this is what Big Time Software says in the thread (or what I can see.)

Rifle grenade penetrates (approx) 60mm. Panzerfaust penetrates (approx) 215mm. These values are against unsloped armor.

Nahverteidigungswaffe bomblet is pretty similar to an 81mm mortar shell.

Although I did need the range of the Rifle grenades it doesn't answer my questions as I need a #. (i.e Panzerschreck range in CM is 225m and it's HC penetration is 170, Bazooka and Piat range is 200m and HC penetration is 90.) I need exact numbers not iffy and suggestive amounts. In the thread itself it appears as if these figures are hardcoded and Big Time Software may have forgotten the amount themselves or perhaps I should just forget the whole damn thing as these weapons are much more random. I mean even every single chart for tanks says "armor penetration will vary." this is fine, but I just wanted to be accurate in my data that I propose to give to other players of CM as I would like this to be a resource for them.

Oh and by the way, thanks Beman

for sending the file but I haven't got Excel and can't open it. I will try again to access it through Frontpage or another program but all I have tried so far is Wordpad.

jshandorf those figures on the website you gave will not help as I want to uses accurate CM figures (as they may differ.) Incidentally I have a link to that website as well as many others I am compiling on my websites links section. Feel free to send me links and I will add them if you'd like via email. My unit statistics charts are for CM not for real life otherwise I'd just put figures on there with the assumption that BTS has made perfect matching with their units and real life units. While I do admire and agree that BTS rules in it's conversion from real-life to 3d game, I do not want to use any figures but what they have. These statistics are for the game I remind you, not for what real weapons can do, or am I TOTALLY wrong should I be looking elsewhere such as the page you suggested?

In the meantime I'm going to trip over to ASL2CM website as I think I may have missed it there.

Johnno

[This message has been edited by Johnno (edited 11-24-2000).]

Johnno, there are programs available on the internet that allow you to view Excel spreadsheets. You can't edit them and they probably aren't perfectly identical to Excel, but you can at least look at the spreadsheet. I don't have any links offhand, but a web search on something like "Excel viewer" should get you what you need.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Johnno:

What is the blast radius of a grenade, I would assume that in CM, all the grenades have a blast radius the same and if so is it 9?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, all grenades are not alike. CM models the German "potato masher" as having a slightly longer range, but less blast. The graphics are also different. Next time you get a good close in firefight, look at it with view 1, and watch those mashed potatoes fly!

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

What is the blast radius of a grenade, I would assume that in CM, all the grenades have a blast radius the same and if so is it 9?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, all grenades are not alike. CM models the German "potato masher" as having a slightly longer range, but less blast. The graphics are also different. Next time you get a good close in firefight, look at it with view 1, and watch those mashed potatoes fly!

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Bestables

Oh and by the way, thanks Beman

for sending the file but I haven't got Excel and can't open it. I will try again to access it through Frontpage or another program but all I have tried so far is Wordpad.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I suggest you try out StarOffice 5.2 from Sun Microsystem. It can read Excel 97/2000 and it is FREE!

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Johnno, there are programs available on the internet that allow you to view Excel spreadsheets. You can't edit them and they probably aren't perfectly identical to Excel, but you can at least look at the spreadsheet. I don't have any links offhand, but a web search on something like "Excel viewer" should get you what you need.

DjB <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, The Excel file viewer is directly from Microsoft web site. Try their MS Office section:

http://office.microsoft.com/2000/downloaddetails/xlviewer.htm

Or get Sun's StarOffice 5.2 if you want to mess the file around.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"