Just the thing I need to handle the German Heavys

Guest Rommel22

I heard about this thing.

It was very ineficient. And the prototypes and even some final models the firepower of this tank disaligned the optics after each shot. It's one of a behemoth, but that was it's problem, one shot and the tank was good as dead or without accuracy.

Damn some power.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

I thought I had a pretty good idea of what the American's had done with tanks during WWII but I'd never even heard of this behemoth. (Actually I considered myself a grognard until I started reading this board and realized I was a 'grognard light'.) I was pleasantly surprised to see that the site had pictures of the thing. It just goes to show that ya never know what you'll find whilst surfing the web.

Actually the way I play I doubt having a company of the things would help me. Although I bet they'd be great a drawing fire.

Cardinal Fang

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

One thing to remember...i think superior tactics beat superior armour smile.gif Its <6hp per ton power ratio will just mean i will have a 400 marshmallow/tank rather than the usual 200/Sherman my Axis guys usually get when i flank the Sherm on 2 sides hehe

Guest Michael emrys

I think I first came across this beast about 20 years ago. IIRC it really wasn't meant to go up against tanks due to the lack of maneuverability, but was intended as a bunker-buster to get through the West Wall. It would have been hell on wheels against immovable objects like bunkers, but would have had trouble chasing down a Panther. Panthers would have done to it the same kind of thing that Shermans did to Tigers: run circles around it to get flank shots.

Michael

Guest Madmatt

There is a T-28 on display at the Patton Museum. Fellow beta tester Rune has been buggin Charles and Steve and all the rest of the team for MONTHS about getting this into the game.

I have a great many pictures of this monster taken at my last trip to the Patton Museum but what is surprising is that its NOT as big as you would think. That big 90mm is HUGE but the tank has a rather low profile and is more WIDE than tall.

Still, its cool as hell and from the rear it kinda looks like my Nissan 300ZX! Well I think it does!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 08-21-2000).]

Hey!!! It followed me home and I wanted to keep it. Yes, you are a late commer to the T28 request...but nice to see another interested in it. It had actually been shipped to Europe but never got into a battle. The dual track system is kinda neat...and 12" of armor impresses me too.

I want one....

Rune

Guest Madmatt

Now lets see if I remember how to do this! tongue.gif

t28tn.jpg

From Madmatt's private collection... biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing