Worried in Australia

Guest Stuurm

Guest Stuurm

Pre-ordered last year...very close on the heels of the original demo...seems eons ago.

Has not got to Sydney yet.

I'm beginning to worry! Should have shipped two weeks ago.

Longest I've had to wait for a US shipped game has been 10 days.

That was TacOps!

Stuurm

I'm wondering if Australia may be going to suffer the same fate as the Canadians by having unrealistically long delays. My card was charged 16th june from memory which will be 3 weeks tomorrow..

A deep sea racing mullet would get here quicker! smile.gif

I don't think we will suffer the same fate as the Canadians - two people have got theirs - one in Melbourne, the other Gold Coast. It does bite though. As the weekends approach I tell myself, oh well, at least I'll be playing it by this time next week. So far, this hasn't happened. Ordered July 99, cc charged 16th - what gives mad.gif

I wrote Steve a mail just to check that our orders had been sent. This was 3 days ago - no reply yet.

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

[This message has been edited by krm (edited 07-05-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

krm, Steve has a huge backlog of emails due to the long weekend over there and last I heard he was up to last friday in getting through them.

I check my package and it was sent on the 20th and arrive on the 4th. I think you guys should see it very soon, but all I can do is take an educated guess.

Ive got my fingures crossed for you guys smile.gif

Glad to hear (well not actually) that I am not the only one who still has not received their CM yet. CC charged on 14 June. Each day this week I have said "It's got to be here today" and still no luck. How do you reckon copies have arrived in Melbourne and Brisbane without any in Sydney being delivered?

%@*ing CMMC will be over by the time we even get a chance to try it out.

Guest Stuurm

It is quite depressing, but at least someone else is in the same boat.

You'd think that they would have honoured their pre-orders first. I've read of people that ordered theirs 2 months ago having gotten a copy.

KwazyDog, I am aware that Steve has got a plethora of mail to check, and will respond when and if he has the time wink.gif

Goanna, I know that feeling - everyday the postie comes and glare out at him - "today will be the day". Nadda. This morning I had my air rifle loaded and scoped. From the top story I poked the barrel out the window and took pot shots at him as he left -dirty bastard biggrin.gif

I spoke to someone from Australia Post who said that all International Mail goes to the major distribution Centres at Melbourne or Sydney - and then to regional distribution centres from there. Then, obviously they get sent to local centres for sorting. She said 14 days was the outer limit for delivery time, and after 21 days, it's pretty much lost!

If we don't have it for the weekend, it will be a real piss off! But, what can you do!

------------------

Guys, your games are only a day or so away my package date is similar to Kwazydog"s Shipped 21/6 received 5/7 according to the person I spoke to Oz Post a week or so ago, 14 days is about average. There shouldn't be any Custom concerns as the package is marked software value $5' it comes via normal means, local postie not AP parcel truck. Anyhow look on the brighter side, if the parcel comes Friday, it won't damage the Oz economy. I took a sickie today, and my wife is sending food parcels out to my computer shack. Hopefully I'll have the strength to go to work tomorrow.

Ron.

[This message has been edited by Blackwood (edited 07-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Blackwood (edited 07-06-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Guys, your games are only a day or so away my package date is similar to Kwazydog"s Shipped 21/6 received 5/7 according to the person I spoke to Oz Post a week or so ago, 14 days is about average.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, it's easier in hindsight to tell people not to worry about it. Put yourself in our position having heard of others who ordered the game later than you getting it before you. No flame intended wink.gif

------------------

6.00pm thurs 6th in brizzy..still no game

Bloody uni starts again on monday and I was silly enough to think I might have had the game for the holidays. Still got to work during the day but at least my nights are free...