Thanks for Being ... BTS

This is probably old news to some of you but,

Lest we forget ...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>We have learned from Hasbro that the multiplayer element in B-17 II: The Mighty Eighth, has been removed from the final product. Due to time restraints and their wish to have the product released this year, it was decided to remove it from the simulation. There are no plans to include multiplayer in a future patch. B-17 II is due to be released late November. This news was originally surfaced in an article on Games Domain by Mike Smith<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> And this is the sort of thing that happens when "The Big Guys" get their hands on a product. I have several friends who were very eager for this product, they had even joined squadrons dedicated to playing multiplayer. Then this. Thanks to Steve and Charles for staying the course and doing it right.

Joe

Guest KwazyDog

Joe, I too was hugely dissapointed in this turn for the worse for B17. I was looking forward to purchasing this game but I seriously doubt I will now as multiplay was my main interest. Im afraid we will see much more of this in the future though from the big boys.

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 09-05-2000).]

Better yet, E-mail Hasbro, tell them how many flightsims you have purchased in the past(In my case that would be every single one) And inform them that you have no intention of buying a crippled game, and you will urge anyone who will listen to do the same, and considering the developement costs that they need to recoup in what is considered a "niche" genre, don't they need evry sale they can get?

If you want the big boys to pay attention to you, talk to their wallet. cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you want the big boys to pay attention to you, talk to their wallet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely right.

The big game companies are motivated by return on investment. No point bitching about it, that's the way capitalism works.

Soooooo...

If they only are interested in what the market will pay for, it behooves us (I love the word "behooves" - it's so 17th century) to let them know what we will or will not buy.

Tis a pity. Without multiplayer I won't buy it. Time to let them know.

I don't expect it will make any difference with Hasbro - but it's more likely to have an effect telling them than if I just complain to myself.

So all propellor-heads rise up and join the crusade to email Hasbro into submission!!!

Or something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pzvg:

Better yet, E-mail Hasbro, tell them how many flightsims you have purchased in the past(In my case that would be every single one) And inform them that you have no intention of buying a crippled game, and you will urge anyone who will listen to do the same, and considering the developement costs that they need to recoup in what is considered a "niche" genre, don't they need evry sale they can get?

If you want the big boys to pay attention to you, talk to their wallet. cool.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heartily endorse this course of action. Quite often, this kind of customer feedback can be quite important to a company when considering future products. I have sent a similar email to them WRT the reviews I have read about their upcoming "Squad Leader" (XCom - WWII) game.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)