Fionn, CM2 and a goldfish (Joke !)

Fionn and goldfish (with Fionn’s permition)

One day Fionn decided to go fishing. (Probably his wife needed computer…). And to his big surprise Fionn hooked a talking gold fish. The gold fish then said to Fionn – Please let me go and I will fulfill your 3 wishes. Fionn decided to do so.

“Ok – goldfish – I wanna be rich!” – Flash ! Fionn was holding certification of ownership for million of Microsoft shares.

“Ok – now I want a copy of CM2 !” Flash ! Fionn was moved to the year 2002 and was holding a fresh copy of just released Microsoft Combat Mission 2: Beyond Barbarosa.

“Ok goldfish now I want... I want... I know ! I want to have a highest WWII Soviet medal “The hero of Soviet Union” (Only given for extreme bravery or fighting skill/spirit)

Flash! Explosion! BOOM! Fionn is wearing in Soviet 1941 uniform and is running in the middle of the field. He is holding two bottles of Molotov cocktail and just in front of him are Panzer III and Panzer II… (followed by german infantry).

THE END.

(He got the medal after he died as a hero...)

[This message has been edited by killmore (edited 07-12-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

yeah....

WELL!!!

Did he KO the tanks or WHAT?!? Which one did he get first?? wink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

......"Microsoft Combat Mission 2: Beyond Barbarosa"........

Microsoft?

MICROSOFT????!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAACCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Why couldn't the goldfish send Bill Gates back in time to the East Front instead?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Flash! Explosion! BOOM! Fionn is wearing in Soviet 1941 uniform and is running in the middle of the field. He is holding two bottles of Molotov cocktail and just in front of him are Panzer III and Panzer II… (followed by german infantry). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fionn would probably just put down the molotov's and berate the German infantry about not screening their tanks properly ....... biggrin.gif

Grtz S Bakker

LOL. A SOVIET medal? Hell no... The only things wrong with that joke are as follows:

1. If I owned Microsoft I'm sure Steve and Charles would refuse to make CM2 until I broke MS up and forced MS to begin promoting the Mac wink.gif.

2. I would, of course, ask for a German Panzer Assault Badge rather than a Hero of the Soviet Union.

Actually the basis for this is the "Djin" which were mythical sorcerer demons from ancient Arabia who would fuflfill one's wishes but only do so in the most terrible manner possible. E.g. If one wanted all the wealth in the world then the odds were that one would find oneself drowning in molten gold ( a truly painful death wink.gif ). The djin has been appropriated by many other cultures into the "be careful what you wish for" myths. And I won't go into the tymology of this anymore since it isn't really on-topic here.

Now,

Personally I like Bakker's answer wink.gif "Fionn would stop and berate the German infantry about not screening the tanks properly wink.gif." Amen. They should be AT LEAST level with the tanks damnit wink.gif.

IF, in that situation I'd throw first at the Pz III and then the Pz II since the Pz III has the most potent anti-tank weapon and defence, by Soviet doctrine of the time, was aimed at destroying the enemy's tanks and concentrating on destroying those enemy tanks which were capable of destroying one's own tanks.

OTOH I'm pretty tempted to say I'd throw the molotovs at the oncoming German infantry and run back to the rear to find an AT rifle so I could do a little long-range tank-killing wink.gif.

Also I can't help but say that I'd be a damned fool to rush some tanks without having a Soviet infantry squad nearby to give me some covering fire from the oncoming German infantry.

Now, if this was 1944 or something funky and I had a tellermine then I'd truly get into the spirit of things wink.gif.

.....as well as discuss the differences between the various models of the PzKpfw II and III, and brief on their most effective usage wink.gif

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bakker@home:

Fionn would probably just put down the molotov's and berate the German infantry about not screening their tanks properly ....... biggrin.gif

Grtz S Bakker <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>