The Word is Out....!

Guest Seimerst

Guest Seimerst

Looks like everyone has been spreading the word around the gaming sites about the demo-- I am seeing it everywhere.

BTS-- I hope the downloads have started to increase as fast a smoke barrage on the hiltop of VoT? I hope you guys get stinking rich off this piece of magic called CM.

Computer Games Online has a blub about the demo. These poeple have faithfully followed the progress of CM since '98. Expect them to do more in the near future.

------------------

"Armchair Generals never lose any men"-Darstand

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Thanks! cool.gif

Just curious - what sites are you seeing it mentioned on?

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Inside Mac Games' magazine's site has a nice blurb on it, as they have had on this game right along (it's where I found out about it, originally).

------------------

After witnessing

exceptional bravery from

his Celtic mercenaries,

Alexander the Great

called them to him and

asked if there was

anything they feared.

They told him nothing,

except that the sky might

fall on their heads

Guest Seimerst

Gone Gold already has it mentioned, Computer Games On Line as previously posted (also see there very nice blurb in their wargame site for upcoming games. A couple of fan sites- and Happy Puppy-- I think. I'll surf around later tonight and see if I can find the other places that I think I have seen it.

From the Inside Mac Games: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Vehicles and soldiers leave trails in snow, wind and rain impact your aim, and night makes stealth attacks easier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be a good idea for BTS to set them straight, as some graphic-centric gamers may be very disappointed after d/ling the GD and finding that there are no trails.

DjB

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Pretty good review over at Combatsim.com

Looks like it's pre-Beta Demo though (Oct. '99), but it really covers and conveys the phenomenon of CM very well.

Oh, and Inside Mac Games has launched a new site, Macgamefiles.com, and they've got it as their lead Demo and one of their 'hot' downloads (64 downloads when I checked, and the site's only been up a day or two.

------------------

After witnessing

exceptional bravery from

his Celtic mercenaries,

Alexander the Great

called them to him and

asked if there was

anything they feared.

They told him nothing,

except that the sky might

fall on their heads

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 05-15-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Happypuppy is featuring it very prominently in the Mac section, and is awfully nice about it. They have not reviewed it yet, methinks. Download.com has taken the reviews and numbers from the beta demo and just continued from there. Mac downloads there seem to have rocketed, with about 8-900 since the Gold came out for a total of 2,370. There is still only my reivew in the Mac section, so go there, or else... The word won't be spread...

------------------

Andreas

Guest Captain Foobar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I brought it up on one of the SSI sites. Unfortuately, too many of those guys are brain washed by the "big" corporations. Some of them were really interested, however <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, yeah theres actually some discussion going on in the cc4 forum at http://www.clubssi.com I'm trying to spread the word a little bit, but it turned into a NAHVERTEIDIGUNGSWAFFE debate, and its involvement in CM!!!! haha

Most of them are good people, but I guess there's a good bit of rivalry between cm-ers and cc-ers. I tried to put a band-aid, but Damn, a little bit of snotty remarks back and forth goes a long way... eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>what sites are you seeing it mentioned on?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IGNPC has a link to the demo at www.pcgameworld.com/ign/combat.htm. They say:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The move to the 3rd dimension is not just to look cool, rather it it improves the accuracy of the simulation. Think of the world around us - it's all 3D. True 3D LOS, 3D spotting, 3D terrain, and 3D trajectories are a lot more realistic than 2D approximations, so that is what Combat Mission delivers!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The actual demo page at www.pcgameworld.com/gamedemos/c/combatmission is more verbose, including:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>There is so much new, different, and better about Combat Mission that it is hard to know where to start [...] Whether it is the detailed TO&Es (Tables of Organization and Equipment), accurate OBs (Orders of Battle), weapon characteristics, or the intense armor penetration algorithms (be prepared to be surprised!), Combat Mission brings historical integrity to a new level. Just think about it... amazing historical detail, unparalleled features, incredible ease of use, and cutting edge 3D audio and visuals all wrapped up into one package.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wendell

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 05-17-2000).]