O you silly billies!

Guest PeterNZ

Guest PeterNZ

I leave for a cpl of months and everyone gets all upset! You sillies =)

Maybe i should bring my rod around and give you all a good thrashing, SHORTS DOWN LADS!

But i know you'd all just enjoy it smile.gif

so stop being naughty!

PeterNZ

Oh were was I, oh yes degenerate children of petty and worthless scum such as pickpockets, and larrikins. Competent thieves do not get caught and the really nasty ones were executed. You my dear sir are part of a society which has created the XXXX beer because the brewer’s understood that literacy was beyond his country men, dovetailing nicely with the fact the chap could not spell. biggrin.gif

Huzza another blow against that wayward prison colony

Guest Big Time Software

Forgive my American ignorance, but are you chaps talking about Aussies or Kiwis? We in the civilized part of the world (you know, highest murder rates and all that smile.gif) don't really understand the difference between your two "countries". I know one of your places has a lot of beer and kangaroos, the other has a lot of fruit and lamb chops. Oh, and the movie Mad Max was filmed over there somewhere I think. Stared the great American actor, Mel Gibson.

Sincerly,

Yanky Steve

P.S. Boy am I kidding you guys (well, except for the murder rate thing frown.gif)

Guest Big Time Software

TOTALLY off topic, but I just thought of this the other day and Howard reminded me. What was the name of the NZ flick where an experiment gone wrong wiped out all living beings ecept those who were in a near death state? I really want to see that one agin.

Steve

Guest Madmatt

Yeah, That was the Quite Earth and that girl in there was a hotty! The payoff shot was in the final scene when, oh wait a sec...

*****ABSTRACT AND INDEPENDANT SCI-FI NZ MOVIE SPOLIER*********************************************************************

;

;

;

;

;

;

Where the main charcter goes through another one of the 'fluxes' and looks up and sees that huge planet with the rings and its obvious that he is no longer in this universe (or at least in a much different place)

If I remember correctly he was one of the scientist that helped design the project that went 'wrong' and caused the world-wide 'disapreance' of all life. It was supposed to be a global power net that beamed engery from orbiting satalites if memory serves. The three survivors were all about to die when the power in this system activated.

The lead had OD'ed on drugs (suicide?)

The other guy was in a fight and being drowned in a river and I can't remember what the girl was doing... Only saw it once on cable many years ago but I thought it was pretty cool....Hope that helps and BTW...SHAME ON YOU STEVE!!!

Haven't I proved by know that I know EVERYTHING? Should have asked me first! I mean comeon now! Independant New Zeland Sci-Fi movie with global death and a woman who shows her breast, How would I NOT know the name to that one!!!!???? wink.gif

Madmatt cool.gif

Omnipotent enough not to ask questions any more...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

New Zealand... Where men are queer and sheep are SCARED wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, my only comment is that there are a lot of Irishmen here, and a lot of sheep in Ireland too. Co-incidence? Ask yourself ... biggrin.gif

Guest Kettle Black

WARNING! Off topic!

---------------------------------------------

And the guy (Peter Jackson) who did Braindead is now making The Lord of the Rings. Everything will be filmed/putermade in Kiwiland too=) http://www.lordoftherings.net/

for the official site and http://www.lordoftheringsmovie.com/

for news about it.

Another good NZ flick is "Once were warriors" or something similar. Esp if you're into tatoos wink.gif

------------------

Kettle Black

"The End? With practically everyone still on their feet? Over my dead body!"

The Player, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead"

Methinks Fionn doth protest to much - perhaps where he comes from men are men and sheep are all smiling??!! tongue.gif

Mike

Hopefully to be a Gondorian soldier later this year