Help Needed Before I Launch My *Unique* CM Website

OK, I have had a great idea for a Website related to CM, and it is a unique idea.

Before I can launch, I need one last thing:

A CGI script which can be customised with different inputs, such as drop down menus.

Basically, I need a customisable Guestbook script. I have looked high and low for a suitable script, but without luck.

Anything I have found, have not worked due to inexplicable errors.

So... any help on this one, people??

------------------

Quality, wholesome family viewing brought to you by Master Bates and Seaman Staines.

Well, I would like to take this most opportune of opportunities to say that as Chief Principal Web Master of this new CM site, I shall have a "black book" of people who shan't be tolerated.

But because I am a most generous person, this thread can serve as an online begging bowl for people who don't want to be banned from my forthcoming Web Extravaganza.

I really can't stand for these unneccesary comments about my name, I just can't let this continue!

Guest dirkd1976

Come on guys.......give it a rest. He asked for some help and everyone is giving him crap about his name. I can understand the concerned parent, but lets not let this get out of control. To Mr Bates: Sorry man, I cant help you, wish I could. I just dont want to see another flame war start.

Everyone play nice

nono.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Bug(er) off! I'm tired of the "cute" sex and political names and threads that aren't cute at all. They aren't even interesting, yet they feel a need to regularly post on the CM forum.

If you want a serious answer MB, get a decent handle. No cheers to you until then.

The easily annoyed are irritated by my handle: this is surely a good thing!!

In the meantime, I may be progressing on the CGI guestbook front. I have found an excellent one called, "BNBBook".

When my Website is launched, I will deserve, and will receive, more respect.

This thread is now closed!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When my Website is launched, I will deserve, and will receive, more respect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Let's see if I can follow the logic here, "I Have Launched A Website" therefore "I Am Deserving Of Respect." ... hmmm, nope, doesn't seem to follow to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This thread is now closed!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, you may choose not to post here again but the thread is not closed until (a) people stop posting or (B) BTS locks it up.

Look, as far as I'm concerned you can use whatever nickname you like, but as I told you previously, if you choose one like yours you CAN'T be surprised if people object to it or make fun of it. THAT'S WHY YOU CHOSE IT, to get attention.

Joe

And further more no thread can be locked up until there has been at least three references to hamsters or other small furry rodents. So Master Bates with Hamsters will have to endure further lampooning. Ok that's one, need two more. tongue.gif Plus I believe masterbates.com is probably taken. tongue.gif

Pfffft.

My take on this whole thing:

Real question that was, sadly, asked by someone who also happens to get a kick out of trolling. It wasn't a troll to start with, but I think the opportunity presented itself...

It's not quite as sublime as a "don't feed the trolls" troll, but a late bait troll is almost a magical thing.

MB, "I really can't stand for these unneccesary comments about my name, I just can't let this continue!" is to be expected as it was you that elected to "expose" yourself to deserved harrasment. No doubt, you chose this moniker in the hope to get a "rise" by your clever use of your "handle".

All kidding aside, I for one would like to see a sensible contribution by all participants on this board, but chosing a name that is designed to be vulgar is adolescent, rude, and will serve you no other purpose than to be thought of as a poorly opinionated fool.

This IS NOT a flame, it is an assessment.

This "Assesment" is no doubt shared by the collective, and will likley prevent you from being "Assimilated". The non assimilated will either die from intellectual mal-nutrition or wind up saying the wrong thing and be ejected permanently.

It is your path to chose, but if your goal is to be a seriously considered contributor to the board and the CM community, I suggest that you supress your anarchistic desires and show a bit of discipline.

Damn it man, this is a military simulation board, so simulate your participation as a gentleman, if not for your sake, for the sake of the decency of the board.