Weird effect during PBEM games - can anyone explain??

This has happened a couple of times now, but the most recent incident was very strange.

Sometimes when watching an action phase of PBEM, a tank or infantryman "teleports" all over the battlefield. This normally happens for 10 seconds or so and then the unit settles down.

Can anyone explain what is happening? Surely if the PBEM file was corrupted it would not play in the first place!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by an international conspiracy of Euro-Anarchists.]

I notice this mostly with vehicle "sound" contacts only. I think it's normal as the troops are constantly trying to figure out where in the heck that thing is located (ear-balling). If you notice, it never happens with troops/vehicles in a visually identified solid state. You'll also notice that as the vehicle gets closer and closer it slows down in the jumping department. Hope this helps...

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

I have seen the same thing. It happens when I have a sound contact and suddenly it jumps all over the map. Maybe ti is the echo effect of my troops in a valley? I am not sure, but it is weird.

[This message has been edited by ACTOR (edited 09-17-2000).]

No, not the "HIDE" command!

In that case you want to use the "RE-ACTIVATE THE DEVICE" command, to fire up the tech on the Destroyer and cloak all your troops.

If you then combine this cloak tech with the "energy weapons" your men gain by ransacking the downed UFO (you know, the one that occasionally falls from the sky when shooting at enemy aircraft), you have a cake-walk to victory! tongue.gif

I personally like the regular UFO troops. The veterans are a little too high strung. They occasionally dematerialize your commanders for giving the "wrong" order.

Also, I've noticed that the "Little green Men" squad is not actually DEPICTED as green, but instead as Gray...

A bug or just a programming oversight?

That's not Mulder, he's swapped bodies with Herman Göring, and is just about to discover that Area 52 is actually the result of a Nazi conspiracy, but a platoon of over-zealous Poles has just called in an artillery strike on the evidence!

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

[This message has been edited by David Aitken (edited 09-17-2000).]

So your'e saying that Scully has a thing for fat blokes with morphine addictions?

Maybe thats how she got pregnant in the last episode? in the back seat of a kublewagon?

I didn't know Berlin had a drive-in theatre..

This forum is such a wealth of information biggrin.gif

Aha, but she doesn't know it's Göring! Never fear, they'll doubtlessly swap back just before he manages to bed her, or she'll suddenly realise why he's been swigging morphine and yelling "Heil Hitler" at everybody.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

I thought her cellphone had been run over by a PzKpfw V last episode? Lucky she's buttoned, though, because that UFO has just zapped everything around the Sherman with a high-powered energy weapon which only armour plating can deflect. She'll be wondering about the scorched trees and smoking corpses with melted machineguns when she gets out...

------------------

I also find Scully a bit of a cold dish whenever Bees are mentioned. I believe this is why she refuses to serve in any open topped allied vehicles even if they are firing Tungsten . It is also rumored she has an attraction for Panthers. This may explain why she came to be in that Kubelwagon.

Elvis isn't dead. He just went home!

But that's what the Second World War was. The Fifth Division Martian Planetary Conquest Wing (Pfhar-nyak ni-kzing-kwaloik nyeep) executed a pre-emptive strike on Earth, capturing several million human subjects and implanting memories of someone called "Hitler" and his henchmen the "Nazis" in the remaining population to explain where they'd all gone.

I thought everybody knew tha...ARRRRGGHHH!!!

------------------