BTS - You should be proud of me...... :)

...It all started back in the summer when CM first arrived in the mail. I basically have got a couple of colleagues interested in this game and got them to download the demo. They were impressed, as I was. Just spoken to one of them now, he's asking my advice about shipping to the UK. I told him that everything was fine, and that a copy of CM over here would cost less than a PS2 game and be shipped direct to your door. My copy arrived in 7 days! He was impressed. He has just ordered his copy and his colleague has just placed his order. That's 2 more orders for you.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Guest Big Time Software

Phil,

Thanks very much. With a company our size, every sale does in fact count (unlike every vote in certain assbackwards states biggrin.gif). To you and greedy posters above wink.gif, I say this...

In all seriousness. When you guys get someone else to purchase a copy of Combat Mission, you are making an investment in your own gaming future. The more sales we get, the more resources we have to make more and better games. In fact, we have already hired two people full time to make this happen. If you guys were not so supportive of us, we would have had a difficult time doing this. Heck, we might even be looking for "real" jobs and not making any more games at all. But all fears of that have been laid to rest smile.gif

So keep up the good work! The more copies sold, the better it is for everybody!

Thanks,

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Heck, we might even be looking for "real" jobs .....

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, No don't do that work sucks.

Make games, play games and figure out how to compress enough triangles into the engine so we can have "hair style" mods for CM VI.

Rune promised me you were working on individual haircuts for each soldier. smile.gif

later,

Muzzlehead

I did? hehehe...My standard answer is, and always has been, No comment, covered by NDA. See, I even have it on this piece of parchment from the [gasp] Peng Thread.

Good try tho!!! points for originality..

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muzzlehead:

No, No don't do that work sucks.

Make games, play games and figure out how to compress enough triangles into the engine so we can have "hair style" mods for CM VI.

Rune promised me you were working on individual haircuts for each soldier. smile.gif

later,

Muzzlehead

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Phil,

Thanks very much. With a company our size, every sale does in fact count (unlike every vote in certain assbackwards states biggrin.gif).

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY!

Watch it there, buddy! You wouldn't want me to call for the van.

Here's something to consider: Guess where all those short sighted, absent minded retirees that couldn't read a ballot came from? Yep, you got it...Maine wink.gif

All in good fun, Steve, all in good fun biggrin.gif

Guest MantaRay

Steve wrote: "When you guys get someone else to purchase a copy of Combat Mission, you are making an investment in your own gaming future. The more sales we get, the more resources we have to make more and better games. In fact, we have already hired two people full time to make this happen."

What it really means (as I can read between the lines)

When you guys get someone else to purchase a copy of Combat Mission, you are making it far easier for us to sit with our powerbooks on the beaches of the Carribean. The more sales we get, the more resources we have to hire the Sweedish Bikini Team to work at our booth at the next E3. In fact, we have already hired 6 of them to go to Matt and Kwazy's houses to get incriminating evidence so we do not have to pay their salaries ever again. Microsoft, eat your heart out.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

I'm lobbying hard for two of my cross-country friends to take the plunge.

Steve:

Maybe you'll build sufficient resources to build a marketing department. Clearly, that's where the really great decisions about PC entertainment are being made these days. Even better, add a finance department that will help set your release dates.

BTS, you should have some kind of program set up for people who get people to buy copies of CM. Maybe in the order form, have a blank space that says "did anyone recommend CM to you, and if so, whom?" If someone got 10 or so people to buy a copy of CM, they should get some kind of reward, like a discount on CM2, or a free poster with their next order.

I haven't even been able to get my roomate to buy this game (he hasn't beaten the demo yet), so I'm not saying this out of self interest.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Kingfish is right. 95% of the retiree's down here in Southern Florida are indeed folks from NY, NJ, Maine, and the rest of the Northeast corridor. So lay off of Florida. Assbackward's is an apt term for your shallow comment, Steve. No points for Battlefront. =)